PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54
phone storage space is getting low

Is there some sort of memory leak issue that i'm not aware of? It seems my storage space on my phone is getting eaten up way too quickly. I got this notification on my phone this morning, so i deleted a couple apps (i only have about 25 installed) and got my internal storage down to about 380 mb out of 427. Then I set my phone down, and after not doing anything with it my phone now has 391 mb used up. And I know about deleting the cache but even after doing that my storage space doesnt get any better. any ideas?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: phone storage space is getting low

Wow I have 27 apps installed and I dont have any issues. Thats weird.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yea, I think its gotta be something else thats causing it. its now ballooned up to 415 mb being used. And all I did was soft reset the phone.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I thought the phone had 1gb internal memory or am I missin something
Old 06-08-2010, 01:06 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
I thought the phone had 1gb internal memory or am I missin something
The ROM is 1GB. Most of that is used for Android and stock programs.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkout01 is just getting started

I am having the same issue with the memory. I started getting the warnings at the same time the phone started to freeze up on me. Couple times I had to take the battery out in order to get it back on.

When it works it's great but it's starting to do this more and more. It now even takes a little over a minute before it will find my contacts or send a text.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

I had Weather Widget installed and it took up waaaaay more space than a widget ought to. So I uninstalled it. Do you have any home screen plugins installed? Think back to what you installed and when the problem started and go from there.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkout01 is just getting started

Mine actually started after doing the OTA update. I didn't do it right out of the box just because I was curious. On day two of ownership I decided to go a head and push the OTA update and that is when it began to act buggy. I didn't think the update would cause it to do this so I started to remove the last thing I installed and worked my way to stock over a 24hr period. I figured I would find out the cause but never did which is why I posted when I saw this.

Now I'm debating on going in to remove some of the junk that Sprint put on the phone or just take it in to the store to see what they say about it. I'm kind of curious what they will say.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
I am having the same issue with the memory. I started getting the warnings at the same time the phone started to freeze up on me. Couple times I had to take the battery out in order to get it back on.

When it works it's great but it's starting to do this more and more. It now even takes a little over a minute before it will find my contacts or send a text.
I just hard reset the phone, and installed everything back on and am now having no issues with memory, so I dont think it has anything to do with the apps. I can across a thread here that has me thinking it has to do with HTC's mail client. so i'm trying to see if I start getting the same problem after using k-9 mail instead of the stock email client. I'll report back if I come across the same issues.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Doesn't the phone install aftermarket apps in the SD card? I also use Advance Task Manager to kill most of my running task when the phone bogs down. I only leave clock, systray monitor(market app) running and I get 200mb of Free ram.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G