PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Has anyone figured out how to do video chat with qik?

I know fring works for video chat, but has anyone figured out how to do video calls with the updated version of qik yet? If so please elaborate how its done

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 06-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Has anyone figured out how to do video chat with qik?

I can't even get the new version on the market to try.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's in there now. Just do a search for qik. Or u can go to www.qik.com and d/l it right from there
Old 06-06-2010, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Actually it has been removed currently from the Market, assuming to fix some bugs. But I happened to grab it when it was up at one time, the only one with Video Chat will specify Qik for EVO 4G, not just the Blue Qik one. The Blue one, is just an updated one of what comes on the phone, which is nice, but the Video Chat isn't in there, but the one for EVO 4G is what you want, hopefully it will get posted again.

Edit: Managed to pull it off my phone till they put it back on market, keep in mind this may be buggy but is running for me. After installing it, I had to shutdown and restart the phone, then the Blue Qik showed up. Top option should say Video Chat to let you know it worked.

Post right above mine is right though, they finally put it back in just a little bit ago, so I would grab from Market. Will leave this attachment here in case but I do recommend the Market one so that it shows updates.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.qikffc.android.apk (4.31 MB, 72 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by cflynt; 06-06-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

boba6421 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
I know fring works for video chat, but has anyone figured out how to do video calls with the updated version of qik yet? If so please elaborate how its done
I found an example of this in action on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QODjl4ud00

Go into the marketplace and do a search for Qik. You will see "Qik for HTC EVO 4G". Download and install that one. If you installed the previous version, like i did, it doesn't have the 'Video Chat' option for us.

It just showed up for me today. The other day this version was not displaying in the marketplace. I think this is why all the confusion for us.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

defcon6 is just getting started

The correct version of Qik for the Evo 4G should look like the image below, and should be very easy to figure out.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

gotcha, see i have the blue icon one, but there is no video chat in it, so ill grab the other version
Old 06-06-2010, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon6 View Post
The correct version of Qik for the Evo 4G should look like the image below, and should be very easy to figure out.

Just logged into this a few min ago, didn't have this screen before. A message popped up saying there was an updated, brought me to market, it updated and now I see the screen. Now I just need someone to try it with - I really want an ap that you can video chat with on yahoo since that is what my friends use. Can you video chat on yahoo with qik?
Old 06-06-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor

finally able to download the version for the evo 4g. When I try to connect with someone it says not connected with the server. However, I did login when the program first ran...Don't know...Program seems like crap so far. LOL.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

the youtube link above shows 2 people using it. it has a few caveats that in my opinion kill the program

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G