PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G On The Now Network From Sprint
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rydah805 is keeping up the good workrydah805 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hope Everybody Loves Their New EVO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
Back in November radio shack messed up my upgrade eligibility. A manager applied a palm pre to my account instead of daughters line. Didn't realize it till I tried to preorder my Evo. I called telesales and they said they fixed it. 7am Friday morning I went to radio shack, got the last Evo they had, but when they tried to activate it, they said I didn't have an upgrade available. Had to stay on the phone with Sprint for 4hrs talking to 5 different supervisors and managers. At long last they fixed the issue, after b**tching and arguing forever. Anyway long story short, call em,scream at em, cry, do whatever, it was worth the fight! This phone is awesome!
same happened to me...i got one of a few tp2's activated on one line which i used the upgrade for and on my line a tp2 that i piad straight cash for. they took both upgrades. =[ my line shouldve had an upgrade june 1st. =/ so i will be going in to the store tomorrow, even tho i know they most likely are out of stock, i can wait a week for the actual phone. i knew the phone was gonna be the best.. lol no rock sleeping for me =]
Radio: 2.05.00.06.10

Old 06-05-2010, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

R2D2 631 is keeping up the good workR2D2 631 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

jus GOT IT ! 4 bucks welll worth it...feels, looks and moves way better then any windows mobile device that i eva had...
Old 06-06-2010, 01:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjv631 View Post
jus GOT IT ! 4 bucks welll worth it...feels, looks and moves way better then any windows mobile device that i eva had...
Nice! So umm...how about that $4 deal?
Old 06-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work

Swype KEYBOARD!

Old 06-06-2010, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqdymun View Post
Swype KEYBOARD!
Ummm...ok? Lol
Old 06-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

taylor7667 is a n00b

Let me just say....coming from a 2 inched screen on the Treo Pro which runs WinMo, I'm in heaven! I absolutely love my EVO. Seriously, I feel as tho I have been released from cellphone prison. This thing does everything except make coffee. True, the battery life isn't the best, but then, that's to be expected on a device as rich as this one. I expect once the excitement wears off, and I get it customized, the battery life won't be an issue with normal usage for me.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheinm View Post
I found a problem I can't get the flash to work for recording videos
yeah i have the same issue.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

taylor7667 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
yeah i have the same issue.
Download LEDlight from the market. Turn it on before you begin to record your movies.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work

I'm loving the EVO too. I loved my TP2 when I got it as it was a nice upgrade from a Samsung Impression with all of the extra stuff it did, not to mention a kb that is awesome and didn't fail.

The only thing that I was disappointed in was there is no "send' button in landscape mode for txting but imagine there is a downloadable one that gives you that. Haven't looked yet.

Bootup speed compared to TP2 amazes me. The smoothness and response of the screen is awesome. Everything is fluid and quick with no hiccups. I do miss the hardware kb a little as I still screw up LOTS but it's a small price to pay for my uses as I don't use my phone for business and compose loads of important emails like some need. The biggest thing that is making me happy is when a phone call is over I'm not chasing the "close" button on the notification screen all over the place because the prox sensor failed. It's a simple "slide" and hit "end. Sweet !!

I better quit rambling LOL

Glad everyone is enjoying the phone !!! Hope the OP gets theirs soon and reports back !
Old 06-06-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron.Wraith View Post
I'm loving the EVO too. I loved my TP2 when I got it as it was a nice upgrade from a Samsung Impression with all of the extra stuff it did, not to mention a kb that is awesome and didn't fail.

The only thing that I was disappointed in was there is no "send' button in landscape mode for txting but imagine there is a downloadable one that gives you that. Haven't looked yet.

Bootup speed compared to TP2 amazes me. The smoothness and response of the screen is awesome. Everything is fluid and quick with no hiccups. I do miss the hardware kb a little as I still screw up LOTS but it's a small price to pay for my uses as I don't use my phone for business and compose loads of important emails like some need. The biggest thing that is making me happy is when a phone call is over I'm not chasing the "close" button on the notification screen all over the place because the prox sensor failed. It's a simple "slide" and hit "end. Sweet !!

I better quit rambling LOL

Glad everyone is enjoying the phone !!! Hope the OP gets theirs soon and reports back !
nice! im glad everybody likes...scratch that LOVES Their Evo. hopefully i will get mine next week. =]

went in to a corperate store to only get told my account has been modified in numerous ways, which i have not asked to be done and my account was marked by reps who lie about things they claim to have said to me. one rep said he offered a full upgrade(which is my main desire) but that i denied??? another said he or she offered me a appointment but i denied? and an other said that i said i would wait til november to upgrade?...so, with whoever is fukking with my moments of having an evo, sprints gonna feel all my bottled up anger!!! even if i have to call as many times as i can within now and until i get my proper upgrade i deserve. f.y.i sprint, your system shows i have not upgraded since jan of 09. i am a premiere customer.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G