PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can't find Qik

don't forget that Fring also does video chat. I know we all want to try qik, but at least there's another option for now
Old 06-05-2010, 01:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Can anyone even connect to qik? I just get the message "You are not currently connected to the network. Please check your connectivity settings."

I don't have 4G in my area, so maybe that has something to do with it. Does it only work on the 4G network?

This is using the orange icon version that came on the Evo. I can sign in just fine on my pc though...
Old 06-05-2010, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Can anyone even connect to qik? I just get the message "You are not currently connected to the network. Please check your connectivity settings."

I don't have 4G in my area, so maybe that has something to do with it. Does it only work on the 4G network?

This is using the orange icon version that came on the Evo. I can sign in just fine on my pc though...
I think the qik app is just buggy... i bet thats why it isnt showing on the market... they prob are fixing it. I got the same thing so did my friend....

cant verify your phone number either cuz the txt never comes.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

I had it working fine, I was able to upload a video and then I rooted and now I get the "You are not currently connected to the network. Please check your connectivity settings." message.

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-05-2010, 01:59 AM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
I think the qik app is just buggy... i bet thats why it isnt showing on the market... they prob are fixing it. I got the same thing so did my friend....

Well on the flipside, Fring works pretty well. No rear camera support and the app is still pretty raw, but it does work.

After a couple updates, Fring will probably be better than Qik anyway. I really like being able to add your skype contacts, your MSN messenger contacts, etc.

I just hate how it shows everyone several times if you have them in your Skype, MSN, etc. I seriously have everyone's name like 4 or 5 times in my Fring list (and 2 or 3 will be signed in, and right next to it 2 or 3 of the exact same name will be offline).

Once they get everyone's name to only show up once in Fring (no matter how many services they may or may not be signed into) then Fring will be a killer app. Heck, it's already pretty great.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:01 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
I had it working fine, I was able to upload a video and then I rooted and now I get the "You are not currently connected to the network. Please check your connectivity settings." message.
Well mine is not rooted so that can't be the cause. Mine even has the OTA update installed to fix the storage card issues, so rooting is out of the question for me at this point (assuming that update kills the rooting).
Old 06-05-2010, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well mine is not rooted so that can't be the cause. Mine even has the OTA update installed to fix the storage card issues, so rooting is out of the question for me at this point (assuming that update kills the rooting).
I never suggested it was the cause
Old 06-05-2010, 03:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

The orange qik is working for me again.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:28 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Has nothing to do with the phone its the app.. they pulled it because it had problems
Old 06-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Keep trying, I had to try like 10times and then I was able to get it to connect and stream on my personal qik account online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post

Yes its very very buggy and doesnt even have the Evo listed on its app list.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G