PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Re: To whom has an evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
The TP1 is a portable stove. I don't think any device gets as hot as that thing.
hahahah lol "portable stove" good one!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

staciedaisy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
My old Touch Diamond got so hot that it would stop charging when I was on the phone. I use to have to grab a box out of the freezer and set it on top of that when i used the phone while it charged.
my diamond gets pretty damn hot as well!!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Great info, thank you. My TP2 burns through 50% of battery for 1 hour of video. And in TCPMP and CorePlayer, I had to reduce the quality to Medium, making video barely watchable. Since I watch about 2 hours of video daily (commute to/from work), this is great news.

Edit: Whoops. Wrong thread

Last edited by Meanee; 06-03-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700 Touch pro now EVO 4G
Threadstarter

tiburon2006 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
Great info, thank you. My TP2 burns through 50% of battery for 1 hour of video. And in TCPMP and CorePlayer, I had to reduce the quality to Medium, making video barely watchable. Since I watch about 2 hours of video daily (commute to/from work), this is great news.
What the heck does this have to do with broiler of a phone that he TP was glad to see I wasn't crazy about how hot it got not kidding talking and charging it at the same time stop charging every time or using the GPS and charging
Old 06-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburon2006 View Post
What the heck does this have to do with broiler of a phone that he TP was glad to see I wasn't crazy about how hot it got not kidding talking and charging it at the same time stop charging every time or using the GPS and charging

Looks like I was VERY tired last night and posted in a wrong thread. Meant for the HD Video playback one.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I ran the HotSpot for 2 hours host the Roku box the other night to stream Netflix, and when I went to disconnect, I was SHOCKED that it felt almost the same as when I started Hotspot and first plugged it in. For all practical purposes, it doesn't get hot.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G