PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slighty Unresponsive Screen Occasionally...

On occasion my screen will become slightly unresponsive, could this be a connection? It doesn't happen a lot but enough to get me frustrated... It happens when I have my EVO on my desk beside me & I go to click on something & nothing happens, I click it again & again until it decides to finally register my click or I just decide to pick it up and click on it. Has anyone with an EVO come across this yet? Like I said it doesn't happen often, just enough to piss you off....
Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

perhaps it is a manufacturer's defect and you should swap it for a new phone.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Ship Jumper
Threadstarter

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Slighty Unresponsive Screen Occasionally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

perhaps it is a manufacturer's defect and you should swap it for a new phone.
Well I'm picking up another EVO from RS for my girl so I will see if the problem is present in her device as well...

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 05-30-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

And give her the one you have now if it's not!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:33 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

That sounds weird I hope they arnt really like this. If your not grounded the screen is sporadic that sucks.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
On occasion my screen will become slightly unresponsive, could this be a connection? It doesn't happen a lot but enough to get me frustrated... It happens when I have my EVO on my desk beside me & I go to click on something & nothing happens, I click it again & again until it decides to finally register my click or I just decide to pick it up and click on it. Has anyone with an EVO come across this yet? Like I said it doesn't happen often, just enough to piss you off....
Go into the Droid incredible forum, People complaining of the same problem.
The Droid incredible screen becomes unresponsive if used when 1 hand, try using 2 hands or use charger instead, I think it has to do with grounding.

Here is the orig. post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120153

Last edited by gutrrob; 05-30-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Ship Jumper
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
That sounds weird I hope they arnt really like this. If your not grounded the screen is sporadic that sucks.

CW
What's even weirder is that I can still swipe between different home screens but the icon I attempted to engaged is still unresponsive so I don't know what to think..
Old 05-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have experienced this with my girls Hero... It does it quite frequently where it just doen't respond like it should... After about 10-15 secs of messing with it, it eventually responds... Frustrating...!!!

I was hoping it was a Hero issue but now I'm starting to think it may be an Android related issue...
Old 05-30-2010, 01:12 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
What's even weirder is that I can still swipe between different home screens but the icon I attempted to engaged is still unresponsive so I don't know what to think..
crap dont tell me this...lol

CW
Old 05-30-2010, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Munroe is becoming a great contributor

Seriously, I dont want to hear this at all! Thanks for the heads up. lol

myspace.com/munroemusic
www.AmericaNationwide.com

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G