PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Mbai2 is keeping up the good workMbai2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Life

What is everyone getting for battery life? When I first got my Evo, it wouldn't last more than 8 hours with the default settings. I tweaked a few settings and improved it but would still like to squeeze more out of it without loosing push activesync mail. Ideally, 24 hours would be perfect since my work day can be upwards of 20 hours sometimes. My TP2 would typically have no problems lasting through a long workday with Push exchange mail but the Evo doesn't look like it'll come close.

Current settings are: Background data-on. Sync-on. 4G off, Always on mobile data-off. GPS-on. Wireless netorks for GPS-off. BT-on. Wifi-off. One push exchange account. 3 IMAP accounts polling at 1 hour. Zero push gmail accounts. 50 or so texts. 20 minutes of phone calls. 30-60 minutes of music. A lot of surfing and reading PDFs. Battery lasts about 12 hours.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Battery Life

I found this interesting but since I dont have my EVO yet maybe you could use it and report back on it: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=64

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 05-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

If you have "Friend Stream" setup and running I've heard that is one source that really pulls some juice because it's constantly accessing facebook, twitter, and flicker watching for updates. Just use the facebook and twitter apps since those access only when running. I do not have an EVO yet but this has been the suggestion I've seen mentioned across multiple forums.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
I found this interesting but since I dont have my EVO yet maybe you could use it and report back on it: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=64
Yes that's some good info. I've been following that thread myself for a few days.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work

I'm thinkin the way the cameras lens sticks out there should be a nice extended battery and cover coming out that won't change the over all shape of the phone much , like adding that ugly bulge on the back but rather just make it flush with the lens. that'll be the first thing I get. well after a 16 gb card , oh and a hdmi adapter and a ........
Old 05-30-2010, 04:57 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Youre not geting 24 hours on one of these phones period unless your gonna turn the radio off
Old 05-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

Well turning off BT would help, but I assume you have it on for a reason lol
Old 05-30-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Youre not geting 24 hours on one of these phones period unless your gonna turn the radio off
I don't have an EVO until the 4th but according to some there are some tweaks you can pull off to make the battery last much more than 24 hours. Check out this guy's settings as he has had 60+ hours of battery life with continous usage.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...remaining.html
Old 05-30-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work

60 hours ? that's cwazy wetarded
Old 05-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I for sure will be buying a 2nd battery for this phone, for that "just incase" moment. I've grown on the fact these smartphones eat up alot of juice. I will tweak some of the setting on the phone when I get it, but I knew from the beginning that it would eat up power.

I'll buy a 2nd battery, car charger, and the HTC charging cradle once they fix the issue with the HDMI on it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G