PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 04:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For those who Pre-Ordered at Radioshack, I have a question for you... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
$50 - $50 = ?????????????

haha um.... the phone still cost you $199.
It should be $150 from which $100 (yeah $99.99 w/e) are due when you pick up the phone. The other $50 you already paid so it is not like you got $100 off... just $50 which is better than BB + $20 GC.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

cuchanu is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post

The manager is kind of a ditz and was talking and talking and talking. For some reason, he gave me a $50 gift card for Radioshack, and then said if I wanted to, I can use that to help pay for the Evo itself. I didn't read about that ANYWHERE!
I don't mean to insult you, but your question makes YOU sound like a ditz as well. And all that talking he did probably explained that you had just purchased a $50 gift card.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

When you pre-ordered, you gave him $50. He gave you a $50 gift card and added your name to a list of people that want to buy an EVO.

He didn't give you a $50 credit on your EVO and an additional $50 gift card.
You have no money paid towards your EVO, you just have a $50 gift card as a way of saying, "Yes, I want to buy the EVO when it comes out."

The $50 is not a down payment on the EVO. The $50 all went on the gift card as your way of committing to buy one. If you change your mind by the 4th, you still have to spend $50 there.

They do this at BB and RS because they know people are impulse shoppers. If you decide not to get the phone because you can't afford or something else comes up, you're still going to have to spend the initial $50 at their store.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

kdkoch is a n00b

They will not run out of EVOs before you get yours unless you do not get there by the end of business on the 5th. They should call you on Wensday or Thrusday to schedule a time for you to come in and get your EVO and get it all setup for you.

As far as the gift card, The phone is 199.99. That $50 you gave them was put onto the giftcard. You will give that back to them plus 149.99 when you pick up the phone.

Hope that helps
Old 05-29-2010, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond soon to be Evo :)

lucario07 is keeping up the good worklucario07 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdkoch View Post
They will not run out of EVOs before you get yours unless you do not get there by the end of business on the 5th. They should call you on Wensday or Thrusday to schedule a time for you to come in and get your EVO and get it all setup for you.

As far as the gift card, The phone is 199.99. That $50 you gave them was put onto the giftcard. You will give that back to them plus 149.99 when you pick up the phone.

Hope that helps
So basically he means that your still paying the full 199.99 in total unless you lose that gift card then you will end up paying 249.99.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G