PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My EVO review...hmmm

I too have been waiting on solid info on the class of the card, so you get a thanks from me.

The egg sells 8gb class 6 for $18.75, I might just have to order one of those. Cheapest class 6 16gb is $58, the jump in $/GB just isn't worth it for me, 8GB is plenty.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
yeah the camera area will get scratched easily.... at least it did on my incredible. gotta be careful when placing it down on a table.
+1 Workmate that got her Google Nexus One last week, already scratched the outer ring and she is a "compulsive protector" about her phone.

-------------

Battery Life, since it uses the same as the TP2, you can imagine it will not have the same life as the TP2. Since it has almost twice the CPU, a much larger Screen, more Ram and a "live" OS..

I am hoping it is tweaked and optimized enough that it will give me at least TP2 use and I will be happy.

-CC
Old 05-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

how often do you guys swap out your sd cards? i hear all the time that being a negative but when i get a new phone my 16gb goes in and usually doesnt come out until i get a new phone?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:34 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
how often do you guys swap out your sd cards? i hear all the time that being a negative but when i get a new phone my 16gb goes in and usually doesnt come out until i get a new phone?
I haven't swapped out SD cards since the Mogul.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: WORST Evo 4G review on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHEVYHEVN View Post
I like the part where he displays his friend's phone numbers on the internet.
LOL ya I should call him up, and be like whats up?

Droidrox39
Old 05-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Mogul.
That word should be BANNED lol.

and in never swap my card out, even if a friend has something i want and is sitting in the same room with the same card, i'll tell em to email it to me!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:39 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

This video is better than his review...I think it's his siblings fighting in the basement. Epic:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JiigsAwi.../1/cZXE4LcPN9U

lol
Old 05-25-2010, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
The average person isnt even going to know the difference in classes when it comes the the SD card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
When you start transferring movies and/or music onto it, you'll be annoyed.
Personally with a Class 2 card, I have noticed a huge bit of lag just taking pictures, loading/viewing the album, searching for music or just reading the directory. The card's access is visibly slower compared to my Class 4 and Class 6 cards.

-CC

P.S. a 8GB Class 2, is better than the 256k, 512k, 1GB and 2GB they used to bundle
Old 05-25-2010, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
That word should be BANNED lol.

and in never swap my card out, even if a friend has something i want and is sitting in the same room with the same card, i'll tell em to email it to me!
Man just thought too bad the units don't work as USB hubs. Could just link to each other. But then I remembered they have blue tooth and wifi, just transfer.. lol

+1 Once my card goes in I hardly ever take it out. Unless to swap out to a replacement card/phone or I have to use a reader to pull an essential file where I don't have access to a cable (I used to have a tiny usb reader on my keychain http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11294).

-CC

EDIT: I might grab me one of those mini bluetooth dongles from that link.

Last edited by clockcycle; 05-25-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Theres home, ummmm menu, errrr back and ummmmm (whispers from the background search search!) ummm oh search, and there ummm little buttons you can ummm hit? no wait ummm tap? yea tap

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic