PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

adenicol is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Upgrade Question with 8 months still left on my Sprint account

I have had the phone number since I was with Nextel before they joined with Sprint and all my business customers have it so loosing that number isn't really an option.

I came up with a solution that is going to work with me I think. I had a data plan I was going to cancel (I only had it about 6 months but the overdrive i had for it broke and I didn't have equipment protection) and it was going to cost me $200 to cancel. So I am just going to leave that active, save the $200 calcelation fee and use the $200 towards buying the EVO without the contract. Then I can put the new phone on that line, have Sprint swap phone numebers (being it is the same account) and just paying the $70 or $80 to cancel the other line (Or I may just put it on seasonal standby for now as I am only paying $35 a month now to 500 minutes and unlimited text and data).
Old 05-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah2006 View Post
Sprint wont port numbers within their own company, with an exception of sprint to nextel and vice versa. So if you cancel a line that number will be lost. But what you can do is port it out to a cheap prepaid phone, then cancel your line and get a new one, and finally have sprint port that number back to your new line.
Or just txt and call everyone and tell them your getting a new number and not worry about porting your number out....easy...done...simple...Why go through the hassle of keeping your number?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Or just txt and call everyone and tell them your getting a new number and not worry about porting your number out....easy...done...simple...Why go through the hassle of keeping your number?
Some people had the same cell number for 10+ years
Old 05-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Its more than just friends. All my accounts have this number (bank, credit cards, who knows how many other organizations) Not to mention I am job hunting and recruiters have my number. Never had a home line so this is my primary number for everything. If I had to guess of the places that I've have to change my number, I would put it in the 20 something, and those are only the ones I can remember.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Why cant you just perform an ESN swap when you receive your new phone? That's what I was planning to do.

Going to buy EVO as a new line, do an ESN swap and move my TP2's # to the EVO, then disconnect the TP2's new #, and pay the ETF on that line.

Sounds simple.

My ETF fee will be a lot less than paying full retail for the EVO.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

cancel your bb buy it retail at sprint than sell your old phone. that way you are not stuck in another 2 year
Old 05-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Why cant you just perform an ESN swap when you receive your new phone? That's what I was planning to do.

Going to buy EVO as a new line, do an ESN swap and move my TP2's # to the EVO, then disconnect the TP2's new #, and pay the ETF on that line.

Sounds simple.

My ETF fee will be a lot less than paying full retail for the EVO.
Yea that sounds like a great idea for people who want to buy it out right.

^ Replace Tmo Wing with Sprint 700 Palm
Old 05-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
cancel your bb buy it retail at sprint than sell your old phone. that way you are not stuck in another 2 year
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
Yea that sounds like a great idea for people who want to buy it out right.
What will the ETF fee be in this situation?
Old 05-23-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

adenicol is just getting started

Early Termination Fee for me comes to $80. That's a lot better than the $200 cancellation fee I have on my data line.

Sprint calculates the ETF at $10 a month times how ever many months you still have on your contract.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:57 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenicol View Post
Early Termination Fee for me comes to $80. That's a lot better than the $200 cancellation fee I have on my data line.

Sprint calculates the ETF at $10 a month times how ever many months you still have on your contract.
Only if your contract was started after November of 2008, I believe. Also, it's max $200 and minimum $50.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G