PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone know the True price of EVO out of contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
$449 is retail price, there is no rebate unless you sign a contract. I edited my post above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
PS. from what I am aware the rebate is only good for new lines or contract upgrades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Why you say that? I bought 2 TP2's full price and got MIR on both of them.
Quote:
Sprint must like you, lol. I've never had any luck getting MIR's on full purchase price items.
Sprint's mail-in rebate requirements don't necessarily exclude full retail purchases. So I guess you have an argument there.

http://shop.sprint.com/en/promotions/mailInRebate.shtml
Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond
Threadstarter

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

So that means....since I am not due for an upgrade. If I sell my TP2 for $150...

$449(purchased)-100(rebate)- 150(from TP2) = $199 without signing a new contract. And CS offered me $70 off if I sign a new contract...so I could get the phone for $129.

Happy fathers day to me....
Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
So that means....since I am not due for an upgrade. If I sell my TP2 for $150...

$449(purchased)-100(rebate)- 150(from TP2) = $199 without signing a new contract. And CS offered me $70 off if I sign a new contract...so I could get the phone for $129.

Happy fathers day to me....
sounds like a plan to me...lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:54 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimb22 View Post
Sprint's mail-in rebate requirements don't necessarily exclude full retail purchases. So I guess you have an argument there.

http://shop.sprint.com/en/promotions/mailInRebate.shtml
Mail-in Rebates Requirements:
Take advantage of our Mail-in Rebate offers and save a bundle on your new phone.
· Purchase your phone on Sprint.com or by phone through Sprint Customer Service.
· A 2 yr. contract (for new and upgrading customers).

Second item on the list. You are considered an "upgrading customer".
Old 05-21-2010, 12:58 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Man I was about to say... if I find out I can get a rebate on a full purchase...lol... then I went back to
Old 05-21-2010, 12:58 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Mail-in Rebates Requirements:
Take advantage of our Mail-in Rebate offers and save a bundle on your new phone.
· Purchase your phone on Sprint.com or by phone through Sprint Customer Service.
· A 2 yr. contract (for new and upgrading customers).

Second item on the list. You are considered an "upgrading customer".
maybe they just hooked me up Im not sure and I cant explain it but Im not under contract...lol look at Sprint trying to stick it too ya anyway they can...haha They sound like my old recruiter....lmao

CW
Old 05-21-2010, 01:01 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
maybe they just hooked me up Im not sure and I cant explain it but Im not under contract...lol look at Sprint trying to stick it too ya anyway they can...haha They sound like my old recruiter....lmao
Rebates sometimes slip through the cracks. They probably didn't even look at your account.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:03 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Rebates sometimes slip through the cracks. They probably didn't even look at your account.
Your probably correct...and Im glad for it...lol

CW
Old 05-21-2010, 01:04 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Man I was about to say... if I find out I can get a rebate on a full purchase...lol... then I went back to
you can always try they can only say no

CW
Old 05-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

At launch unactivated Evo at Radioshack is $499.99 but will probably drop shortly after, they did the same thing with the HD2

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G