PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: Midnight Releases?

My store did midnight releases for the Pre, but for the Evo we're opening at 8
Old 05-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

im pretty pumped too. got the preorder in and all. A big kick in the butt for me is i work 7a-730p on the 4th haha. so im going right from work, the only positive i can see from it is that it shoulndt be busy as everyone should have picked up already...ugh
Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mrbonner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
BB told me they would call me on the 3rd to see when is good for me to come in.

CW
She called me the day after I pre-ordered to ask when I can come in. Got 10am when the store opens.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbonner View Post
She called me the day after I pre-ordered to ask when I can come in. Got 10am when the store opens.
Hope I can go early but i guess it doesn't matter Im just trying to be the first to post owning it...lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy
Threadstarter

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Angry Re: Midnight Releases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
maybe if you know employees.. these devices are going on sale at 9am in most locations.. so most places will recieve their shipments on june 3rd, if not earlier...

my guy at Radio Shack told me he'd be calling on the 3rd to come in and get it.. i said, dont you mean the 4th.. he says, oh yeah, well you seem like a cool guy, maybe ill hook ya up..then chuckles...

not holding my breath at all.. im ok with 9am on the 4th.. there werent any pre-orders aside from me im guessing since i went in there 2 days after we could and they had to get out the training stuff to get me rolling.. i assumed they hadnt had to do it yet... needless to say, i find some reason to go small talk or buy something for $2 from the shack and keep talking to the guy in charge and also did my pre-order.. no harm in staying cool with him, who knows, maybe he will call on the 3rd LOL.. doubtful!
u might not be pipe dreaming. when i preordered at the shack they asked me if i wanted 2 come get it thrus or friday. i said it comes out friday.they said "well call you" heres hopin for the 3rd!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Midnight Releases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Yeah me too. I wonder if there will be anyone actually camping out for this phone at the sprint stores.
Oh man! I already have my plans set out for that night!

1) Take chair and sleeping bag
2) Bring laptop and TP2
3) Make it before everybody else in the city hits the lines
4) Stay awake until the sun rises
5) Get my EVOcool phone at 9:01am at The Shack!!!
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:33 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

BB's trucks come in on Wed night at my store, I think, so they will have them in store on Thurs and I will be calling.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

One could only hope....

I did my pre-order @ the Shack today...soooooo excited!
I'm #9 on the list....I was hoping to go and pick mine up on my lunch break, but it's only 30 mins and the store is at least 7...haha.
I was thinking of telling my manager, "oh, I have an errand to run, so I'll be back in an hour".

I guess I'll just go after work....but if that's the case, I'll be watching the clock on June 4th waiting for the (bare) stroke of 5pm!....>CLOCK OUT!!

(I still wonder what the box will actually look like... ......damn we're thirsty!)

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

It's probably best to pick it up after work anyway....if I pick it up on my lunch break, I'll hardly be able to work! Haha!

But my plan was to pick it up at lunch, let it charge on my desk, and hurry home and get to gettin on my EVO!!
(I need to manipulate something to make this my masterplan....)
Old 05-21-2010, 12:38 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

My boss is as much of an Android nut as I am, so I'm going to tell him I'm gonna go pick up the Evo. lol

When the TP1 came out, I told my old boss that I had an "emergency" and I'd be back in a couple hours. hahah

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G