PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question App for recording HDTV to the Evo?

Since you can connect your Evo to an HDTV, is it possible to record Tv to the evo using some type of program?

I would love to record shows, and NBA 2K10 games on to my Evo and upload it to youtube!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: App for recording HDTV to the Evo?

no... its an HDMIOut.. not a 2way open connection...

if you watched any of the google I/O today.. googles launching Google TV... they even had the NBA representative on there talking about what you can expect from the NBA... id assume at a minimum there will be an android app for it soon.. as with Google TV android apps will work on android device and any TV set...

..i wouldnt recomend uploading whole games to youtube weither btw... you would definitely be violating and infringing on all the NBA content.. since we "dont have the right to broadcast,reprodcast, or reproduce in any way" according to the NBAs warnings..
Old 05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks, for the info.
When I stated NBA 2K10 I was referring to the video game. I would like to record myself playing against people over xbox live.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The HDMI is an HDMI out, but the Micro USB is a 2 way connection. So there coule theoretically be some sort of Micro USB thing that connects to your TV outputs and records it. But this is also true of just about every other smartphone on the market for the past several years too. So if there isn;t one available yet, I wouldn't plan on there being one for the Evo either.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor

hmmm... maybe tv out to micro usb on phone while recording to qik?
Old 05-20-2010, 07:29 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well they may be an app that supports like DVR and things like that, thats certainly not unreasonable... but recording directly to the EVO, i dont think we'll see something like that for any phone for quite awhile..but recording a video game(now that he cleared that up) is a whole different story...

off top of my head heres how you can do the video game thing... play your game and turn on qik.. itll stream the feed to your profile online @ qik.com... once your stream is over, its saves your streams to be replayed... you can check into whether those "archives" are downloadable... then those could be uploaded to youtube from there..

**you'd also be doing a LIVE stream while doing this, so anyone you want can go watch as the game is being played as well, since if they goto your qik.com/yourusernamehere page it shows whatever your streaming.. they dont need an app to view it.. just visit the webpage, they dont even have to have an account... i used to use qik as a webcam basically***

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-20-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info. Streaming over qik sound decent but it will be hard to record and play the game, lol. I hope that 720 p video camera is worth it
Old 05-20-2010, 08:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub186 View Post
Thanks for the info. Streaming over qik sound decent but it will be hard to record and play the game, lol. I hope that 720 p video camera is worth it
not at all man.. your not looking at the whole picture here... put the EVO on its kickstand on the coffee table, zoom in on the TV,and stream handsfree... streaming on qik is a one button thing, its not like you need to hold soemthing down to record.... i used to use qik as home security too...

id place an old mogul, plugged in, on top of the fridge, pointed at my front door..... if i needed to check on my place all i had to do was goto my qik.com/username page and i could see it LIVE-well a 3 second delay... its a silly simple app.. no hands required after hitting "stream"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo, hdtv, program, record, tv