PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

infinitemethod is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have experience with this?

I want to get the EVO on two of my lines. One line is good to go with the $150 dollar credit. At the time of launch, the other line I want to get an EVO on will be 25 days away from $150 dollar credit instead of $75.

I know with my Touch Pro2, they allowed this, but I called Sprint and they won't do it anymore. I figured since I've got 6 lines and have had Sprint for a while they'd be able to help me out. Do you think Best Buy may do this? Do they have the power to do this? Best Buy seems like the best place to upgrade a phone anyways because they give you instant rebates instead of mail ins.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Re: Anyone have experience with this?

They will probably allow you to upgrade the other line early. If you call telesales on June 3, or go to Sprint on June 4, they will probably do it. You may need to persuade them a bit...but they want this phone to be a success, and may make a few extra concessions to get another sale. Some users on this forum have been 2 months away from upgrading, and have been given a full upgrade by Sprint.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i dunno.. sprint always did things like that for me too..

Radio Shack does instant rebates as well........for the EVO pre-orders tehy gave an additional $20 gift card as well to use when you pick up your phone..

i know when i pre-ordered the guy asked me when i thought i should be eligible because mine wasnt eligbile till june 1st... he didnt hint at being able to do any tricks if my eligiblity date was After EVO drop, such as the case with yours

**edit** you may have the best luck with telesales, as mentioned above...no matter if your 20month eligible or Sprint Premier 1yr eligible, their gonna make you renew your contract... if you talk to sprint on sale day, ask about it and say youll renew right then for the upgrade 25days early... should work since so close

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-19-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:57 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

When I got my TP1, I was 4 months away from my 22 month upgrade. Best Buy got me the fully discounted price on the phone with a new 2 yr contract.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Maybe I just got the wrong rep. She had me talk to her manager and she wouldn't really budge. though, she didn't even know when the phone was coming out. I told her it had already been announced and she still pretended like she didn't know, but that doesn't surprise me with Sprint. haha!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:57 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemethod View Post
Maybe I just got the wrong rep. She had me talk to her manager and she wouldn't really budge. though, she didn't even know when the phone was coming out. I told her it had already been announced and she still pretended like she didn't know, but that doesn't surprise me with Sprint. haha!
I called Sprint to see if they would do this for me for the Evo and they said no dice. I'm just kinda hoping Best Buy will be able to do it for me again.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, just took another shot at it. They said they can do 14 days prior, but no more. Better but I want this phone on the day it comes out. haha

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G