PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 08:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HtC EvO
Carrier: Sprint

jdefran is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What to spend the Radio Shack $20 on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
So if you preorder from Radio Shack and get that extra $20 coupon for accessories, what are you going to spend it on?
The guy at radio shack (Orlando, FL location) told me on the receipt of the gift card...the $50 one you bring back to claim your preorder, there is a survey where you can get an additional coupon. I have not done it yet but worth looking into.

As far as your question, either a pouch of some sort (ordered an full body zagg) and possibly a cigarette lighter/usb adapter.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

I went into my Radio Shack and the manager was pretty cool about stuff. She said the $20 accessory gift card had to be used when you are picking up the phone.
But after talking to her, she said that she could transfer it to a regular $20 gift card so I could use it on anything or buy an accessory on a later day.

Just a heads up, if you don't want to buy the accessory that same day. (I'm sure they will come out with more accessories days following the release.)
Old 05-17-2010, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

The rep @ radio shack told me that the accessory credit has 2 b used @ the time u pick up the device, i guess its not going 2 b given in the form of a gift card 4 later use.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
The rep @ radio shack told me that the accessory credit has 2 b used @ the time u pick up the device, i guess its not going 2 b given in the form of a gift card 4 later use.
Okay. So you buy something with that credit and return it for store credit to buy something else later. Should work, shouldn't it?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro duece
Carrier: sprint pcs

dav1boy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
you cant use it on the device itself..

and i was hoping to use it toward an hdmi out cable.. i just got one from ebay for 10bucks free shipping for tp2 and i love it... hdmi out saves me from buying blueray player if i just buy the cable right then..

and yeah to the guy above, you really paid the 200 bucks for a 32gb card?

Nah not really. A buddy of mine manages a camera store. So he gets it for cost plus the one I got was a open box item so he says (probably a return or exchange). it was far less then the 210 it costs with tax. i brought it home and formatted it to fat32 and have had no problems with it...Given we are both car guys I have a crap load of parts, aftermarket goodies not being used, so I traded him for the sd card. I get my parts for dirt so I came out on top for sure. Lol.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimb22 View Post
Okay. So you buy something with that credit and return it for store credit to buy something else later. Should work, shouldn't it?
lol, i assume neva really thought of that, i think the idea by radio shack is 2 have u figure ur getting $20 off the price of an accessory that i'm sure will cost more than $20. i think most people wud pay 4 their devices an worry about accessories later or decide to shop online, by offering u $20 off they figure u wud say wat the hell i'm saving $20 let me buy the $35 spare charger.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Here is your answer:

Thanks gTen! Man, it doesnt have a case or HEADPHONES? HTC is getting cheap, lol! That's how they did the TP2 (Pardon me, I'm late lol)
Old 05-17-2010, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
Thanks gTen! Man, it doesnt have a case or HEADPHONES? HTC is getting cheap, lol! That's how they did the TP2 (Pardon me, I'm late lol)
Yeah, a bit disappointing - I like goodies in the box. though - @ $199, I am much less disappointed than I was with the lack of TP2 stuff @ $350.

A case or cover and about 10 pre-cut screen protectors is all I really want. Is that so hard?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

UPDATE: Wo0ow! I just called one of my local Shacks, and I asked the guy what accesories will they carry at launch? He said Chargers, Screens Protectors (all generic), and headphones (the Hero kind, Im not sure if the EVO can take those). He said cases will come out after launch.

Looks like I'll be using my Best Buy Mastercard for some points

EDIT: Just verified that they dont carry any HD2 gear either, tho YMMV in your neck of the woods. Ciao!

Last edited by Journeyjeans; 05-17-2010 at 04:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
I believe thats sprint not HTC. HTC will send out any accessories sprint pays for to have included.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G