PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 06:05 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
How to have an EVO for less than $75/monthly total (doesnt include the 29.99 hotspot)

i did the math for a PM, and figured id post it

$70 - cheapest available plan for the EVO
$10 - annoying recurring charge for owning an EVO
$ 7 - TEP insurance, who wants to drop it and pay full retail
$15 - taxes and such - estimated
_________
$102 total
-27% - link in my sig ( 27% corp discount)
_________
$74.46 new grand total for monthly bill statement...

see guys, its not AS bad as it seems... all for under 75 bucks.. if your not someone who buys insurance, well you say a few more bucks even too
Old 05-16-2010, 06:29 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: How to have an EVO for less than $75/monthly total (doesnt include the 29.99 hots

Although I'm pretty sure you only get 27% off the $70 plan. Not the insurance and taxes, and probably not the $10 fee.

But still that would be around $83/month.

Still too rich for my blood to make me switch from my current $55/month total!

Last edited by gullzway; 05-16-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:29 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: How to have an EVO for less than $75/monthly total (doesnt include the 29.99 hots

I have a similar plan going except I have a 25% corp discount, $20 off a month for 24 months (retentions deal) AND another 18% corp discount. I changed employers and Sprint added the new, but didn't remove the old. Been double dipping for a few months now and I pay a little under $50/mo with taxes included. My plan is the Everything Data 900 w/TEP which I may switch to the 450 if they ever remove that 2nd corp discount.

If anyone is interested in the $20 off for 24 months deal, check out slickdeals.net as they have several threads dedicated to Sprint discounts.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I don't play with the TEP....It's a must on all my devices...you never know what might happen. When I pay a lot of money for a device I like to know if something happens, I can either pay the deductable or take it into a Sprint Repair Center and have them fix it at no charge. With all the new technology in these phones chances are something might go wrong and without the TEP your stuck with a 4.3inch Evo paperweight. Yeah, $199 with contract...but full retail for this phone is right around $500...do you really want to take the risk of not having TEP and be stuck in that situation? I surly don't.

I can't go down to the $70 plan, I have 4 lines and am using the 1500min Everything Data plan. This day in age you would think plans would be cheaper...hell I had 1000min and unlimited text messaging 6 years ago with Verizon for $60 a month...now I'm paying double that....well it seems with all the advancements in service you pay for what you get. I also have the 27% discount applied to my account...which is nice..but uncle sam and the state take that right back...ehhe...

The maditory $10 charge people are gripping about....it's actually understandable. See, the $10 actually goes towards the Evo for a few reasons...(1) It's the only 4G phone on the market at this time, (2) Having the ability to download at 4G speeds and accur the mass amounts of data you will be downloading with it. (3) It does 720p video. If you were Sprint do you think you would charge a small fee for the amount of pure data going through your network...Just think right now what your using on 3G, now double that or even triple that...thats what your really paying for. Like I've said in other posts...I would quit bitching about this small $10 charge, and worry more about how many times your being double or triple taxed by the state....figure, city, county (thats double taxing), 911, state tax, and a few other small ones....on my bill that comes to just under $30 a month....to me thats highway murder for tax....crap my Comcast HD, and HSI has only like $4 in taxes....We the people who use these carriers for cell service should stop taking the blunt of the taxes, and try to get something passed to lower them...like me...I can't stand being double taxed...it's stupid...

Personally, I have 4 lines of service, and one of them hasn't paid me for service since we signed up with Sprint....guess what...that line is being terminated...and that $10 fee will take its place, actually saving me around $27 a month...(29.99 added line, plus $7 TEP - $10 evo charge)...I'll be happy with it...just knowing I will be using a phone that is far superior to the Iphone...and can download at way higher speeds than any other network.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

I have two phones one is already on 69.99 with $20 credit every month (pre) and tp2 (sero)

I was shopping around end up calling *2 Sprint they are offering me 129 2 lines + my work 25% discount and 20 recurring credit for 24 months. So around 76 +10 lovely data plan for evo + 7 for insurance and taxes at 100 now. I want more discount!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
I have a similar plan going except I have a 25% corp discount, $20 off a month for 24 months (retentions deal) AND another 18% corp discount. I changed employers and Sprint added the new, but didn't remove the old. Been double dipping for a few months now and I pay a little under $50/mo with taxes included. My plan is the Everything Data 900 w/TEP which I may switch to the 450 if they ever remove that 2nd corp discount.

If anyone is interested in the $20 off for 24 months deal, check out slickdeals.net as they have several threads dedicated to Sprint discounts.
im one of the discount kings so to speak.. i get/have/have had alot of different perks..

but how are you getting 2 corp discounts.. when i did my 27% one, it overrode my 13% one... they havent been able to stack % credits for quite some time now... so they say..

can we get a screen shot, with your critical info hidden of course, of your statement and see the 2 discounts..

im unruly with sprint, ill go get the cox 25% corp discount too(on top of my 27%), if i see someone who actually has 2 differnt % corp discounts staked...

please share... i just need to know its possible first
Old 05-16-2010, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work

Yep the 25% only comes off the $69.99 plan which is $17.50 off so $52.49. This is figuring you only need the 450 min. plan if you don't call land lines much. This month it came out to an even $70 including TEP and taxes.

Chris, we're talking about per line here. 1500 min. Everything data-family for 4 lines is $169.97 - 27% ($45.90) = $124.07 per line that's $31.02 + TEP & tax per line with unlimited calling to any mobile network, unlimited text, picture, and video messaging, and unlimited data plus nights and weekends starting at 7 to call land lines and 1500 mins for the day. With your taxes coming to under $30 that's an amazing deal divided by 4 people. That 27% makes a big difference when it's applied to a family pan.

If everyone found 4 other friends they could pay $189.96 - 27% ($51.29) = $138.67 per line that's $27.73 + tax. Know a lot of people on Metro who are used to not paying phone insurance and most have the $45 a month plan.

So if you can pull this of, you have

$27.73 - Your share of the bill with corp discount
$10 - EVO coolness fee
$7 - TEP
$8 - Your share of the taxes (probably less)
_________

less than $52.73 - Grand total
That sounds great, though it would be some work collecting from friends. Can I join your plan, Chris? I have an excellent payment record.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Munroe is becoming a great contributor

Im wondering if you can get this discount if your company is not listed in their directory of eligible companies? Or do they not even check since this is mostly a secret thing...??
Old 05-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Yep the 25% only comes off the $69.99 plan which is $17.50 off so $52.49. This is figuring you only need the 450 min. plan if you don't call land lines much. This month it came out to an even $70 including TEP and taxes.

Chris, we're talking about per line here. 1500 min. Everything data-family for 4 lines is $169.97 - 27% ($45.90) = $124.07 per line that's $31.02 + TEP & tax per line with unlimited calling to any mobile network, unlimited text, picture, and video messaging, and unlimited data plus nights and weekends starting at 7 to call land lines and 1500 mins for the day. With your taxes coming to under $30 that's an amazing deal divided by 4 people. That 27% makes a big difference when it's applied to a family pan.

If everyone found 4 other friends they could pay $189.96 - 27% ($51.29) = $138.67 per line that's $27.73 + tax. Know a lot of people on Metro who are used to not paying phone insurance and most have the $45 a month plan.

So if you can pull this of, you have

$27.73 - Your share of the bill with corp discount
$10 - EVO coolness fee
$7 - TEP
$8 - Your share of the taxes (probably less)
_________

less than $52.73 - Grand total
That sounds great, though it would be some work collecting from friends. Can I join your plan, Chris? I have an excellent payment record.
I would go down to a lower price plan but the minutes used on my account is so random each month...sometimes 1200, sometimes just 400....I can't risk paying the overage charges....and the taxes yeah thats not to bad..but still compared to other things like having TV and Internet and the taxes only being $5-10 on the bill vs what we pay for cell phones is crazy...
Old 05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work

You have to use one of the employers. The email domain will have to match, but some of these companies use gmail.com or aim.com. You can't just name any employer. The employer you have determines the discount you get.

EDIT:
@Chris
I rarely call anyone with a land line so I don't use many anytime minutes. Isn't 1500 min. the minimum for a family plan anyway? And with everyone paying their share a single line plan would cost you more. Do you pay for all the lines or is everyone paying for their line? It's confusing comparing single plans to family plans. Divide the bill by how many lines you have.$31.02 > $69.99

Last edited by saibot; 05-16-2010 at 09:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
cheap, evo, plan, rate