PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you drop your SERO plan for the EVO?
YES! Totally worth it. 16 38.10%
Most likely 10 23.81%
Maybe 3 7.14%
No way! 7 16.67%
Undecided 2 4.76%
I don't have SERO 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 12:46 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So...who's gonna drop their SERO for this thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
if you consider paying an extra 30 or 40 bucks a month "rape", it might be time to switch careers or something. recession or not lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
so youll be stuck with what you have now forever or have to get a dumb phone.
Both QFE.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:49 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

When I got my SERO plan, I felt very fortunate to be able to take advantage of such an awesome deal, but I knew it wouldn't last forever. Honestly, I thought it'd be gone after 2 years was up.

Can't say I'm "happy" about paying $30/mo extra, but it's really not a big deal.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm going to go with a family plan with corp discount. It winds up being around the same price as 4 separate SERO's but with more features.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
if you consider paying an extra 30 or 40 bucks a month "rape", it might be time to switch careers or something. recession or not lol...
I have the 1250 plan and love it, but will more than likely switch to get the Evo. However, paying double kind of sounds like rape to me. lol! But Cicatrize does have a point, at&t and verizon... Those plans. wow.... lol

What trips me out is those that don't have SERO, call SERO users cheap. Plus the ones that always say, IT WONT BE AROUND for LONG. Nonsero users have been saying this for YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. lol
Old 04-13-2010, 01:14 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
I have the 1250 plan and love it, but will more than likely switch to get the Evo. However, paying double kind of sounds like rape to me. lol! But Cicatrize does have a point, at&t and verizon... Those plans. wow.... lol

What trips me out is those that don't have SERO, call SERO users cheap. Plus the ones that always say, IT WONT BE AROUND for LONG. Nonsero users have been saying this for YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. lol
Yea and your phone selection is now limited as hell just to keep that cheap plan... if I had to stick with winmo...... I guess whatever works.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
When I got my SERO plan, I felt very fortunate to be able to take advantage of such an awesome deal, but I knew it wouldn't last forever. Honestly, I thought it'd be gone after 2 years was up.

Can't say I'm "happy" about paying $30/mo extra, but it's really not a big deal.
Thats the thing. People have been beating this dead cow for a very long time. The cow being the plans will go away. So far this has not been the case. Sprint is being very strategic and releasing awesome phones like the Evo and making sure SERO users can't get it. SERO users like me are going to switch, and then add a corporate discount, which almost winds up being the same.

I also wouldn't call the TP2 a dumb phone, I think dumb people say things like that. lol
Old 04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Yea and your phone selection is now limited as hell just to keep that cheap plan... if I had to stick with winmo...... I guess whatever works.
hahahah! I guess if I had your monthly bill, I would be salty as well. lol (I LOVE IT!) lol
Old 04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Quote:
Plus the ones that always say, IT WONT BE AROUND for LONG. Nonsero users have been saying this for YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. lol
Yes, we've been fortunate enough to have it still exist, but look at our options. Dumb phones and WinMo. That's it. Android? Too bad. Palm? Too bad. Instinct?...Find another phone because the Instinct sucks. If you still want it, too bad. No SERO.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yes, we've been fortunate enough to have it still exist, but look at our options. Dumb phones and WinMo. That's it. Android? Too bad. Palm? Too bad. Instinct?...Find another phone because the Instinct sucks. If you still want it, too bad. No SERO.
Again, I'll be switching to get the Evo. I just wouldn't call people cheap b/c they have a SERO plan. If however, a Winmo 6.5 TouchPro3 was in the works, then I wouldn't even be thinking about the Evo. However, HTC doesn't seem to have one up their sleeves. Plus WinMo7 I'm sure won't allow SERO either, so misewell jump ship now for the eVo. lol
Old 04-13-2010, 01:36 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Quote:
I also wouldn't call the TP2 a dumb phone, I think dumb people say things like that. lol
I don't think anyone's calling the TP2 a dumb phone. Just referring to those "other" phones that don't do internet or e-mail or appointments very well.

As if anyone here remembers those...lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G