PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PPC6900
Carrier: Sprint

silvertank is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to silvertank
Re: Different sounds for notifications

If you click on Menu -> Settings -> Sound and select notifications, this is where you will set the default sound for any notifications other than phone ringer.

If you want Gmail to have it's own sound, open the Gmail app and go to it's settings and change it there. Same goes to all other apps you have. They each have their own notification settings in them.

I have 2 gmail accounts and i can set a different tone for each account by choosing the mailbox, then going to it's settings.
6pm Nights & Weekends
$39.99/Mo
Old 09-14-2010, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
Just launch messaging and when in the main txt msg screen click menu and then settings

set txt notification sound in there..same with email..launch it and from the main window press menu/account settings
Yep I was able to change each one sms, and email in the apps settings.

Droidrox39
Old 09-15-2010, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Yeah so to the guy who was havin problems and gettin all bent outta shape about it, get your shit straight would ya..!! Haha j/k, but naa for real, tighten up bro =)

Old 09-15-2010, 08:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2 soon to be evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

chulampin is a n00b

cm 6 rom the best thing after food!!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

bluephi1914 is a n00b

on my touch pro 2, i was able to set whatever rintone i wanted for email notification and incoming phone calls...... I used to have that AOL "You've got mail" for my email notification......but now on my EVO it doesnt seems as if i can do that.

Is there a directory that i need to copy all of my custom rintones into so they will show up in the list when i am choosing a rintone or notification. thats what i had to do for the touch pro 2.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

just4kix is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephi1914 View Post
on my touch pro 2, i was able to set whatever rintone i wanted for email notification and incoming phone calls...... I used to have that AOL "You've got mail" for my email notification......but now on my EVO it doesnt seems as if i can do that.

Is there a directory that i need to copy all of my custom rintones into so they will show up in the list when i am choosing a rintone or notification. thats what i had to do for the touch pro 2.
Yes, on your SD card under media you can add two folders, one Notifications and the second one Ringtones.

Jus'

Last edited by just4kix; 11-02-2010 at 03:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

food is a n00b

You can set the notification sound in gmail BUT not in the HTC mail app.

I use a pop account and you can only use the default device notification sound for it. Your options in the HTC mail client for notification sounds is only OFF or ON.

HTC Mail App: From the HTC Mail app you go menu,more,settings,notification settings and you only have the ON or OFF notification options.

Gmail App: From Gmail app you go menu,more settings,select ringtone and then pick whatever you want for your notification sound.

Last edited by food; 11-08-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

billyman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
Yes, on your SD card under media you can add two folders, one Notifications and the second one Ringtones.

Jus'
In my "media" folder is another folder named "audio", then in that folder is a folder named "notifications", then in that folder is a lone file named "facebook_ringtone_pop.m4a"

Based on this information, would I STILL create the new folders in the "media" folder?

Example A:
media
|_audio
|_notifications
|_ringtones

Or would I create them in the "audio" folder"?

Example B:
media
|_audio
|_notifications
|_ringtones
Old 11-11-2010, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

billyman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kix View Post

Jus'
In my "media" folder is another folder named "audio", then in that folder is a folder named "notifications", then in that folder is a lone file named "facebook_ringtone_pop.m4a"

Based on this information, would I STILL create the new folders in the "media" folder?

Example A:
media
|_audio
|_notifications
|_ringtones

Or would I create them in the "audio" folder"?

Example B:
media
|_audio
...|_notifications
...|_ringtones
Old 08-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

On my tp2 running froyo 2.2 /media/audio/notifications DID NOT WORK

I had to put notifications in root ie /notifications

once I did that those sounds became available. oddly enough once I made /notifications NOW and ONLY NOW /media/audio/notifications ALSO appear to have become available (since I now have each sound twice ??)

gmail and wootwatcher let you specify custom sounds other than "system default"

ebay and package tracking do not.

now I was able to set package tracking and ebay to their own sound "kind of"

I set my default sound to what I want them to be because MESSAGING also lets you set a custom sound.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods