PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 03:42 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: so who's rooted? unlocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
So after replacing SystemUI how are you clearing cache and dalvik with no recovery ?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk
I havent done it yet, but no real way to wipe dalvik...but I've read it's not necessary on ICS, on boot it will automatically see the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
That's it I'm in then lol...

Two questions:

1. I want the exact same mods you listed. I'm assuming your on stock with those mods just added in. Is there a way to simple add those mods in? Like something flashable once rooted? What was your procedure (wipe,flash,etc)?

2. Have you had any issues at all?

Guess that was more than 2 questions lol

Positive Vibrations
I did everything using es file explorer, just choose the root explorer option in settings & also mount file system. Then copy init.qcom.post_boot.sh to /system/etc.

for recent apps -> menu, follow this....

1. Navigate to /system/user/keylayout
2. Find the synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl AMD long-press on it. Select "Open in text editor."
3. Change the line for key 249 (APP_SWITCH) to MENU.
4. Use the on-screen menu key for the last time to select Save and Apply Changes.
5. Reboot.

credits to RegnierD @ xda

here is the init.qcom.post_boot.sh file:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...st_boot.sh.zip
Old 06-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
cool, I'll have try my modded SystemUI, though it has several mods
Well did ya try it yet? ... I'm wanting to replace my android.policy.jar and framework-res.apk with hideaway's menu/long press home recent apps mod but don't know how much I trust "ICS will see the changes and adjust accordingly" without clearing cache and dalvik ... Especially with no recovery and on the road with no computer to use to get myself out of a jam! ... Ur turn to be guinea pig! Hehe

Old 06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Well did ya try it yet? ... I'm wanting to replace my android.policy.jar and framework-res.apk with hideaway's menu/long press home recent apps mod but don't know how much I trust "ICS will see the changes and adjust accordingly" without clearing cache and dalvik ... Especially with no recovery and on the road with no computer to use to get myself out of a jam! ... Ur turn to be guinea pig! Hehe

not sure I would chance it when on the road, lol. Didn't his thread say it was only for deodex ROMs? android.policy.jar has a .odex which u would have to delete.

I did however just replace SystemUI.apk with amakams version w/ quick settings, and it worked fine....you'll notice when it boots, you'll see a msg saying "Android is upgrading..."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Yeah it did but I figured deleting the odex would still apply ??

... at least I can get quicksettings while on the road now with ur confirmation ... May wait on the android.policy .jar

Old 06-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Quote:
I havent done it yet, but no real way to wipe dalvik...but I've read it's not necessary on ICS, on boot it will automatically see the change.

I did everything using es file explorer, just choose the root explorer option in settings & also mount file system. Then copy init.qcom.post_boot.sh to /system/etc.

for recent apps -> menu, follow this....

1. Navigate to /system/user/keylayout
2. Find the synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl AMD long-press on it. Select "Open in text editor."
3. Change the line for key 249 (APP_SWITCH) to MENU.
4. Use the on-screen menu key for the last time to select Save and Apply Changes.
5. Reboot.

credits to RegnierD @ xda

here is the init.qcom.post_boot.sh file:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...st_boot.sh.zip
Nice! Thanks, I'll probably try this tonight or tomorrow... Once you remap the buttons does it also add long press home for recent apps or are you solely using the notification pull down? And just to clarify this totally removes the soft menu button right?

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 06-04-2012, 07:25 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Nice! Thanks, I'll probably try this tonight or tomorrow... Once you remap the buttons does it also add long press home for recent apps or are you solely using the notification pull down? And just to clarify this totally removes the soft menu button right?

Positive Vibrations
when u remap the recent apps button to menu, u are basically losing the recent apps function, and the soft menu button is still there. you need the full mod for long/short press functions, and removal of soft menu.

also, attached is a modded SystemUI.apk that includes battery %, quick settings & gps icon removed (YAY), I'm still working on adding colored icons and 1x/3g mod.

SystemUI.odex will need to be deleted.
Attached Files
File Type: apk SystemUI.apk (8.04 MB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by OMJ; 06-04-2012 at 07:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:32 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Quote:
when u remap the recent apps button to menu, u are basically losing the recent apps function, and the soft menu button is still there. you need the full mod for long/short press functions, and removal of soft menu.

also, attached is a modded SystemUI.apk that includes battery % & gps icon removed (YAY), I'm still working on adding colored icons and 1x/3g mod.

1. This doesn't affect the NFC safety-lockout does it.

2. Can you install this with a rooted stock or do i need one of your ROMs?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Quote:

also, attached is a modded SystemUI.apk that includes battery % & gps icon removed (YAY), I'm still working on adding colored icons and 1x/3g mod.

Ok cool, thanks. I'll probably hold off on the menu button biz then. Can't wait to try all this!

Positive Vibrations
Old 06-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
1. This doesn't affect the NFC safety-lockout does it.

2. Can you install this with a rooted stock or do i need one of your ROMs?
1. No ur good ... Only need to worry about that when flashing or performing a hard reset

2. Yep you can do button remap mod on ur stock rooted... As well as replace the SystemUI.apk with OMJ's just be sure to delete the odex file and reset the permissions

Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
1. No ur good ... Only need to worry about that when flashing or performing a hard reset

2. Yep you can do button remap mod on ur stock rooted... As well as replace the SystemUI.apk with OMJ's just be sure to delete the odex file and reset the permissions

yep...I didn't even have to change permissions

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE