PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979
Re: [ROM]Stock 3.16.651.3 - Rooted; Updated 4/27/13

Sharkie, it's awesome to see you back. I'm gonna dl your rom right now. What kernals can be used if we'd like to change the stock one.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
Sharkie, it's awesome to see you back. I'm gonna dl your rom right now. What kernals can be used if we'd like to change the stock one.
I think any kernel will work. I've been using arc reactor with this ROM personally and I love it! Good to see you again!

Sent from my EVO on the PPCGeeks App
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

SharkieROM-LTE v2.5 is up in 1st post.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
SharkieROM-LTE v2.5 is up in 1st post.
Btw Sharkie just wanted to thank you again for taking the time to post this rom up here. It's really nice to see someone share there work here again and I hope others join me in thanking you. You deserve the recognition. I just wish I had the device to try it out. Thanks man!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4g LTE

Hentosu is a n00b
Re: [ROMs][SharkieROM-LTE v2.5-6/7/13][Stock-3.16.651.3-Rooted-4/27/13]

Hello guys, first off I would like to thank Sharkie for uploading these for us. It took me a good minute to find a basic rooted stock rom and I am very glad that you have taken the time and effort to provide this for us.

Secondly, I would like to provide my basic phone info;
Model: Sprint HTC Evo 4g LTE
HBOOT: Previously 1.12, current 2.09(explanation to come shortly)
Bootloader: Tampered, Unlocked (Through HTC Dev)
Security state: S-On
Recovery: TWRP 2.1.1
ROM: Cyanogenmod v10.0

Third, for some reason or another, during the process of trying to flash the stock Odexed ROM, it updated my HBOOT to 2.09... I do not understand why or how though.

Fourth, Every attempt to flash this ROM has caused TWRP 2.1.1 to kind of crash and revert to a splash screen and do literally nothing. Except possibly update my HBOOT.

I wondered if this crash had anything to do with the boot.img file in the zip. When I installed CM v10.0 I had to use FastBoot to push the boot.img file from my computer to get it to work at all. However I did not do so until the ROM was successfully loaded. In this case however, since the ROM does not load I cannot determine if this is the issue or not. I even tried removing the boot.img from the zip and then applying(thinking that maybe it stopped and crashed immediately after failing to write the boot.img) but had no success. I then proceeded to reboot to the system a couple of times and it returned me to a stock CM v10.0.

I have now decided to update TWRP to 2.6.0(why I have not sooner is beyond me) in hopes that maybe TWRP is the issue. So now I am going to cross my fingers and give it a shot.

Once again thanks to all who contributed to this and happy modding.

Last edited by Hentosu; 07-17-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4g LTE

Hentosu is a n00b

Well in a very short time I appear to have been able to answer my own question... xD

Flashing TWRP 2.6.0 was the right step in fixing the crashing issue. However an explanation as to how and or why I managed to update my HBOOT would be fantastic.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The stock ROM does not update your hboot. I'm not sure how you unknowingly upgraded, but I guarantee its not this stock ROM. That's not possible. That firmware is not contained in the ROM.

If you want to downgrade, you'll probably have to run an older stock RUU. Captain Throwback has older hboots in his firmware thread, but I believe you can only flash them if you're s-off.

As far as your flashing issues, it was because you're s-on. I had a difficult time getting that working right. I finally fixed it in my SharkieROM-LTE v2.5 s-on version that I posted at xda. All apologies for not updating this thread with that version. In any event, I'm glad you got it working.

Thanks for taking the time to stop in and let me know.

Sent from my EVO on the PPCGeeks App

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Development