PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I can test it too. Ur roms always make me happy lol

Sent from my EVO on the PPCGeeks App
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC ELTE Custom ROM | 1.13.651.1 | ICS 4.0.3 | v1.0 Coming Soon!

ok, so anyone who wants to test, the link below is the stock files that I have replaced in my ROM. Open both zips, then drag the file from one zip to the other prior to flashing ROM.

I suspect the issue may be SettingsProvider.apk but who knows....you can try just that apk first or all....up to u, but one at at time would help isolate.

thx!

http://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVOLTE/Users/...tock.files.zip
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
well thx for testing....it's probably one of the mods...If you want to test again, I can zip up the stock files to replace the mods.

yep, saw it & already made the change

also noticed u on viper...how is it?
Viper is running pretty smooth! Haven't had any issues since flashing so far ... Also running Run/Viper's mod with APM, menu and long press home and did the build.prop edit I mentioned of course

I can always test anything u need me to buddy! ... But if you replaced those files how would it be any different from your stock rom then ?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC ELTE Custom ROM | 1.13.651.1 | ICS 4.0.3 | v1.0 Coming Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Viper is running pretty smooth! Haven't had any issues since flashing so far ... Also running Run/Viper's mod with APM, menu and long press home and did the build.prop edit I mentioned of course

I can always test anything u need me to buddy! ... But if you replaced those files how would it be any different from your stock rom then ?

see my post above yours.....that's why u try one file at a time

ideally, when I have a issue, I'll copy the stock files back in, flash, then push one file at a time until I find the bad one....though some would use logcat, I'm not that good at deciphering.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Quote:
ok, so anyone who wants to test, the link below is the stock files that I have replaced in my ROM. Open both zips, then drag the file from one zip to the other prior to flashing ROM.

I suspect the issue may be SettingsProvider.apk but who knows....you can try just that apk first or all....up to u, but one at at time would help isolate.

thx!

http://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVOLTE/Users/...tock.files.zip
Uh oh ... Still on the road and don't think I can stand the time it would take on that pos computer lol ... Unless there's a way to extract and zip back up on my phone? ... Seems I tried that before on my phone and didn't zip back up properly and wouldn't flash

... I am gonna d/l the files and snoop at ur changes though hehe

Old 06-12-2012, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

dimensi0n is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
see my post above yours.....that's why u try one file at a time

ideally, when I have a issue, I'll copy the stock files back in, flash, then push one file at a time until I find the bad one....though some would use logcat, I'm not that good at deciphering.
Unlock old man.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3G Fresh LTE 5.0.0 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by dimensi0n; 06-12-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:30 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimensi0n View Post
Unlock old man.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3G Fresh LTE 5.0.0 using Tapatalk 2
lol....I was actually considering doing it today...
Old 06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
lol....I was actually considering doing it today...
Bout time! ... We can flash radios and splash screens with S-on on this phone now and we both know you are never gonna send that thing in for an HTC warranty! :P

Old 06-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Lol ^

Does it automatically void the warranty or it just MAY void warranty?

I think I'm diving in today. I need to see if a custom rom can FULLY rectify this multitasking. How's your rom running so far OMJ? Have you guys worked out the little quirks discussed above? What's your plans for multitasking? I know you included the mods that are floating around but to me they don't seem to really solve the problem, but just slightly reduce it. Is there any hope of getting more traditional multitasking on this phone?!

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 06-12-2012, 01:55 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Bout time! ... We can flash radios and splash screens with S-on on this phone now and we both know you are never gonna send that thing in for an HTC warranty! :P

yep, I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Lol ^

Does it automatically void the warranty or it just MAY void warranty?

I think I'm diving in today. I need to see if a custom rom can FULLY rectify this multitasking. How's your rom running so far OMJ? Have you guys worked out the little quirks discussed above? What's your plans for multitasking? I know you included the mods that are floating around but to me they don't seem to really solve the problem, but just slightly reduce it. Is there any hope of getting more traditional multitasking on this phone?!

Positive Vibrations
that's the million dollar question, lol

I wouldn't know, still locked & haven't tested my ROM....I don't believe anyone but Vancer had flashed it, so I'll have to test myself. Plans for multitasking? I'll implement whatever fix comes about in the ROM....in case you haven't figured it out yet, I consider myself more of a ROM chef than dev....I'm no guru.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Development