PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

joey3002 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Clear or Color Battery Replacement Door

Just thought I would post on here about my project.. Its taken me 3 weeks using a caliper but I finally was able to make a proper door. Tons of suggestions from XDA members..

Anyway, I am finally doing pre-orders. If the admins would like 1 or 2 for a review, please let me know.. During the pre-order phase I am doing free shipping and even offering multi door discounts starting at 2 doors..

Just trying to give back to the community..

Please check http://www.customevos.com

thanks
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 PM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi
Carrier: Sprint

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Thumbs up Re: Clear or Color Battery Replacement Door

This ROCKS! I've been looking for a battery door replacement and a clear one is going to be the shiz! I ordered 2 today from your pre-order site.

Nice to see something being made by a fellow member instead of the ill-fitting crap normally found on ebay.

Great work Joe!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP
Re: Clear or Color Battery Replacement Door

Looks like good work!! I think the admins should receive a couple for testing, and a VIP member should too....like myself..lol. The clear is super cool and should be a big hit considering the nice red guts of the Evo. I am a big fan of yellow myself so I am interested in seeing that also!!

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Looks like good work!! I think the admins should receive a couple for testing, and a VIP member should too....like myself..lol. The clear is super cool and should be a big hit considering the nice red guts of the Evo. I am a big fan of yellow myself so I am interested in seeing that also!!

If we get enough people, I have no issue with giving 1 or 2 to the admins to review and then doing a contest with them..

Since its a group buy, we need about 75 more to sell so we can get them made..
Old 08-14-2010, 03:53 AM
I did it all for Ta-nuki

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I wanted to bump this with a pic of the (almost) final prototype.
Joe is over the halfway point but he still needs more orders so he can start production.

Get em' while shipping is still free!
Old 08-14-2010, 05:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Looks good, nice work.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

We are over half way.. We need less than 90 doors sold now to get this done. We are also keeping the pre-order price valid until Weds, 8/18... at which point, the price will be the normal 19.95 with free s/h.

So if you think you might want one, get it now while the price is 14.95 with free s/h
Old 08-17-2010, 12:07 PM
I did it all for Ta-nuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
Looks good, nice work.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
As Joe will tell you, that prototype is merely to show the fit and hole locations. The final door will be transparent (prototype was hand-sanded).

The price goes up to $19.99 tomorrow so order today and don't miss out on the free shipping!

Last edited by watzone69; 08-17-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G On The Now Network From Sprint

rydah805 is keeping up the good workrydah805 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Will the red be same red as the evos interior?

Sent From My HTC Evo Using Tapatalk Pro!
Radio: 2.05.00.06.10

Old 08-31-2010, 08:40 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I did the best I could without know the exact pantone #. I used a book we have at work and it should be really close to the inside red.

Just a quick heads up, the mold is being made, I am hoping to ship the week of the 20th (september)

I go on vacation the 10th to 18th.

thanks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories