PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

forcelite is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is replacing the stock SD card as easy as it seems?

Correct me if I am wrong, but evo takes micro sd and the biggest micronsd card is 16gb, there are 32gb sd cards but they won't fit in an evo. Just wondering how no one caught this.

But it is as easy as copying files from one sd to another.

Force
Old 08-05-2010, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

Ryum is a n00b

as for physical size the 32gb one is the same size as the 16bg card, and the evo does support 32gb cards

just fyi
Old 08-05-2010, 01:26 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcelite View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but evo takes micro sd and the biggest micronsd card is 16gb, there are 32gb sd cards but they won't fit in an evo. Just wondering how no one caught this.

But it is as easy as copying files from one sd to another.

Force
because your wrong.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Bladau!

http://tinyurl.com/ybbmqle
Old 08-07-2010, 11:17 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

the only 32 gig micro sd card is from VZW exclusively, 16 gig (which i have) is your next best bet. Plenty of space for your pics and vids

to get it out, use tweezers OR grab it after pushing it up with the orange tab to the right of it, from your index finger and middle finger nails, if you have long nails you can pull it out.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
the only 32 gig micro sd card is from VZW exclusively, 16 gig (which i have) is your next best bet. Plenty of space for your pics and vids

to get it out, use tweezers OR grab it after pushing it up with the orange tab to the right of it, from your index finger and middle finger nails, if you have long nails you can pull it out.
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microS...1278857&sr=8-2 definitely not from VZW
Old 08-08-2010, 12:18 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post

Your giving out wrong information this is simply not true! You can get 32gb Micro sd cards all over the place.

CW
Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

if i just flased a new rooted rom can i delete everything off my sd card and start over , well maybe just keep bookmarks and backedup programs and start with a clean sd ??? i knw that theres stuff on my chip that ill never use !! any help would be great !!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

you can always wipe your sd card whenever, just make sure theres no data (pics, music, files etc.) you don't want to lose or back up to a pc first.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

lhuff is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild
hardest part is getting the old one out of the phone.

CW
After you raise the little flap, tweezers help slide the card out. YMMV, but it worked for me.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories