PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Carbon Fiber Skinned. ;)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Hrshycro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Carbon Fiber Skins for the EVO/Other Phones! $5 DIY - $20 Custom Made for You - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99accordv6 View Post
di-noc with a hair dryer works great!
Indeed it does. Well, that a lot of time to make the cuts perfect.

Also, anyone interested in me doing their innocase2/other case, I checked out my friend's and I know I can cover the from the side to the other side of it and still make it look good. I'm not sure about the corners, but I'll do my best to make it look -and feel- good.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Carbon Fiber Skins for the EVO/Other Phones! $5 DIY - $20 Custom Made for You - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrshycro View Post
Indeed it does. Well, that a lot of time to make the cuts perfect.

Also, anyone interested in me doing their innocase2/other case, I checked out my friend's and I know I can cover the from the side to the other side of it and still make it look good. I'm not sure about the corners, but I'll do my best to make it look -and feel- good.
Now that you said that.... I'm waiting on my Seidio Active case. It would be AWESOME to have the Ectoskeleton carbon fiber too.

Now, I think I'm gonna have to purchase a peice of the CF and follow your DIY instructions!!!

What do you think?!? Do-able?!?

Old 06-30-2010, 02:32 AM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D\/8 View Post
Now that you said that.... I'm waiting on my Seidio Active case. It would be AWESOME to have the Ectoskeleton carbon fiber too.

Now, I think I'm gonna have to purchase a peice of the CF and follow your DIY instructions!!!

that should be easy! and i think it would look good. i have an order for the rugged case.. it keeps getting pushed back which is driving me nuts cause i want the case with the holster

i may end up doing the same to the hard plastic piece on that case.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

camscell is becoming a great contributor

Where are you located Carbon man because I swear when I picked up my EVO @ Radioshack there was a guy in there showing a sales guy what he did to his EVO and it was carbon fiber stuff
EVO
Old 06-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Carbon Fiber Skinned. ;)
Threadstarter

Hrshycro is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by D\/8 View Post

Yes, the outer part is hard plastic, I think. It should be very doable. Send me an email hrshycro@gmail.com and I'll get you hooked up with a piece of vinyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
that should be easy! and i think it would look good. i have an order for the rugged case.. it keeps getting pushed back which is driving me nuts cause i want the case with the holster

i may end up doing the same to the hard plastic piece on that case.
I agree, I think it would look very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camscell View Post
Where are you located Carbon man because I swear when I picked up my EVO @ Radioshack there was a guy in there showing a sales guy what he did to his EVO and it was carbon fiber stuff
I'm in Idaho. There is another guy on a different forum that has done this, bur I haven't been into any radioshacks in along time, just some sprint stores recently. I'm on XDA and here, and goodandevo.net.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories

Tags
carbon, custom, evo, fiber, skin