PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None Yet (EVO Soon?)
Carrier: Sprint

Crodley is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TOUGHEST case?

Hi folks, I hope to be getting an EVO in the next few weeks. I work in a factory driving a fork truck (BOUNCE!)

I have my phone in my breast t-shirt pocket. The closer to my ear the better, since it's SO loud in my plant.

So I need a case that will BEST handle a fall from a fork truck to the floor. I mean, I've never actually dropped one of my phone yet from the truck, but you never know.

I don't really care what it looks like so much. I need to be able to get my phone easily out of my breast pocket and answer calls fairly fast, since I need to pull over my truck before I even start to answer it.

I also use my current phone to check the time by sliding the phone out of my packet and hitting any key to get the display to light up and putting it back in my pocket. I'm hoping I don't lose that ability, but....ehhh, if I did I guess.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TOUGHEST case?

Currently, I think the Seidio Rugged case may be your best option...

Check it out here:
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd3-hkr4hev4.htm
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

if you wait for a little bit otterbox would be the route to go, not only are there cases rugged, look great, and strong, but they also have impact resistance so theres less chance of the internal solder or board of breaking in a far drop. they should be released soon and there is a thread on the site comparing the two i believe.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Crodley is a n00b

Luckily I have time to wait for the Otterbox, since I won't be getting the EVO until around the middle of July.

I found this youtube review of a nice looking one that I'm considering in the meantime.

Thanks for the input, folks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA9FNzQIl4A
Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crodley View Post
Luckily I have time to wait for the Otterbox, since I won't be getting the EVO until around the middle of July.

I found this youtube review of a nice looking one that I'm considering in the meantime.

Thanks for the input, folks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA9FNzQIl4A
I just ordered this one yesterday... Your question was for the TOUGHEST case and the reason I recommended the Seidio Rugged was because it has an additional layer of protection compared to the Seidio Active case you posted.

Comparison:
Rugged - 3 layers of protection: (1)Seidio Innocase II wrapped in a (2)Silicone Rubber case, topped off with the (3)Skeleton.

Active - 2 layers of protection: (1)Silicone Rubber case, topped off with the (2)Skeleton.

Also, another reason I mentioned the Seidio Rugged as opposed to the Otterbox was the fact that the Seidio is available where there is no timeframe as to when the Otterbox will be available. If you can wait for the Otterbox, this would probably be your most rugged and durable solution based on material and build quality...

On another note, if you are interested in the Seidio Active case, you may want to jump on one now since they are being sold as limited edition. There is no telling if these will be around when it comes time for you to purchase one. Then again, I'm sure if it sells well enough, it will no longer be a limited edition item and I'm sure there will be some color options to choose from.

Last edited by D\/8; 06-21-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think the toughest case so far has been O.J. vs (Nicole Brown Simpson
and her friend Ron Goldman in 1995)...

Those leather gloves shrank and he is a good actor...
Old 06-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
...and he is a good actor...
Well, yeah... He was in all the Naked Guns!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Crodley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by D\/8 View Post

Comparison:
Rugged - 3 layers of protection: (1)Seidio Innocase II wrapped in a (2)Silicone Rubber case, topped off with the (3)Skeleton.
I worry about that combination because I've seen posts of people who are using a plastic (not rubberized) Seidio case only and having it scratch the corners of their phones.

Wether the plastic case is the exact same one as the inside plastic layer of this one, I don't know, but I'd rather have the silicon one actually touching the phone rather than hard plastic.

Thanks for all the info folks, it's helped a lot!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
I think the toughest case so far has been O.J. vs (Nicole Brown Simpson
and her friend Ron Goldman in 1995)...

Those leather gloves shrank and he is a good actor...
Why does it it always devolve into OJ bashing? Man, the guy was innocent. AND, he didn't try to rob that guy in Vegas, it was his doppleganger.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories