PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 12:38 AM
dLo
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dLo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Screen Protectors Thread

i want a screen protector like the one that came with the TP1. i liked the smooth feel to it and was planning on picking up a hard back cover (hopefully raises to help protect lens). So which kind of screen protector is the best at protection from scratches while still being smooth (not zagg or ghost armor)
Old 05-28-2010, 12:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dLo View Post
i want a screen protector like the one that came with the TP1. i liked the smooth feel to it and was planning on picking up a hard back cover (hopefully raises to help protect lens). So which kind of screen protector is the best at protection from scratches while still being smooth (not zagg or ghost armor)
The clearfreak one i have is smooth and slippery. Like the stock HTC ones.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community

Got my ZAGG full body today, looks to be a quality product. This is the first ZAGG i've ever owned, I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried all lof them before on my TP, TP2 and the Palm Pre.

After going through all of them, Phantom Skinz is my clear choice. I have pre-ordered my Evo protector from them. Not rubbery, no rainbow effect, no screen distortion and good protection. When applying don't be afraid to use lots of the fluid, makes installing it a breeze.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Boxwave's Screen Protectors are now available....
Old 05-29-2010, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Quiksmage is becoming a great contributor

my problem with boxwave: they feel great and super slippery, but every one ive tried with my tp2 ended up with corners that would rise over time. eventually it would catch on the inside of my pocket and pull the damn screen protector off leaving it with lint on the sticky part =(. i ordered 3 total and all of them had this problem for my tp2.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://phantomskinz.com/search.aspx?find=evo

these have my interest .. they sell color skins ... i wonder how those look and they also sell matte finish ones which i would like .. i hated how the clear skins made the phone all shinny

would love to see reviews and pics of these
Old 05-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

So... I emailed bodyguardz, phantomskins, ghostarmor, and clairvue.... they all replied except for clairvue and said they wernt sticky like zagg but the only one who is currently shipping the evo skin is bodyguardz and they wante like $40 to ship it to me b4 the june 4 launch date (NO FREAKIN WAY) now that its been a week and clairvue hasnt replied to me even if they do i dont wanna do business with them because if they poor customer service b4 i become a customer how are they gonna treat me once they already have my money?

Here is what I decided to do. I live in California so I'm surrounded by malls Ontario Mills, Montclair Plaza, Tyler Mall, Victoria Gardens and so on... I'm gonna go to one of them find a phone kiosk (you know those little carts in the mall that sell phone accessories?) and buy my skin from one of them because they will open it and let me feel it b4 i buy. I paid $45 for my full body zagg at the mall they guy put it on for me and everything but i hate it. My cousin went to a mall kiosk and paid $25 for some off brand one the guy put it on for him it feels great not sticky or anything protects his full phone sides and all (my zagg does not) and his phone doesnt have one scratch on it. I would go where he went but they closed down but all of those kiosks sell the same stuff its no big deal...
Old 05-29-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: EVO Screen Protectors Thread

ZAGG will have 50% discount site wide only on memorial day.

If you order more than $30 you will get free shipping.

Just an idea:
$12.50 Full body for Evo 4G
$12.50 Full body for ipod Touch 2G??
$12.50 Full body for moms phone??

Bamm Free shipping

or just buy for one Zagg protector and pay $12.50 + $3.50 (shipping +-) = $16
Old 05-29-2010, 03:28 PM
VIP Member

So I had emailed HTC to see if the screen on the EVO was made of Gorilla Glass and this is the response I got.

Quote:
New Response
Hi, I’m Christina, and I’ll be glad to assist you today Thank you for your interest in the HTC Android EVO. The information that you are asking for is proprietary information between HTC and our distributors. Technical support does not have that information. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for contacting HTC America Technical Support. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any future questions. Also, I would like to invite you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey located at http://survey.htc.com/worldwide

Nice HTC ...can't tell us what its made of? I'm assuming this rep just didn't know or didn't want to waste their precious time on me.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories