PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM Install How To??

This was all new to me too, coming from WinMo(TP2), so yea, until you get your feet wet and understand the process, it can be unnerving(then again, so was the WinMo method at first).

That wipe data/factory reset had me worrying a bit too at first.

One note, after installing the ROM from the zipfile, I would suggest, doing a Wipe Cache and a Wipe Dalvik Cache. If I didn't do this, when Google tried to reload all my apps after I restarted, after about 10 or so, it would tell me I am out of space and I could no longer load any apps. This happened on the first 2 ROMs I loaded(after wiping the cache I was fine). On the third one, I wiped the caches AFTER loading the new ROM, but BEFORE rebooting for the first time and I didn't have this issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

luckyzac is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Wipe Data/ Factory Reset???

I have a clue from flashing TP2 what that means but would you please be a little more expansive as to how to do each of the steps.

Thank you very much. This is my first time with the Android OS. I have been on windows for years and assume that the overall process is the same, but there are different names and steps to perform.

Also, I did a nandroid backup, is this how one restores the data to the phone after the ROM flash or is there an easier way???

Thank you for your help.
Titanium backup Pro...
Can back up everything including settings, apps and texts etc...I suggest getting pro, as everything can be done with the touch of a button...not so much with the free version

Sent from my 3vo via Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2011, 05:15 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I use MyBackupRoot (free), but I only backup call log, sms, mms, android home & dictionary

also, to get into recovery, the easiest was is to install Quick Boot (as mentioned above) or u can power down, boot into bootloader, then recovery or if your familiar w/ adb, type adb reboot recovery. Once the mods start flowing, custom roms (some already do) w/ have the recovery reboot option on the power down menu.

Last edited by OMJ; 08-01-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Ok, I have Quick boot and checking out the TWRP recovery menus, I find in the Wipe menu a notation for "Wipe Everything" (Data Factory Reset) is that the step I should do just prior to flashing the ROM?

I may just beginning to get this.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2011, 03:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Ok, I have Quick boot and checking out the TWRP recovery menus, I find in the Wipe menu a notation for "Wipe Everything" (Data Factory Reset) is that the step I should do just prior to flashing the ROM?

I may just beginning to get this.

Thanks
yes thats it nad wipe cache and dalvik cache to

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D