PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jmana is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM Install How To??

Ok, so I rooted and all that to my phone, but to be honest it was all a blur as to how I did it, so many how to's on rooting are incomplete so I basically pulled info from 3 different posts to do it. Now I am looking to install a new ROM, but I really don't know how to do it! Can anyone give a simple how to? I used the Teamwin thingy, not the clockwork thingy, don't know if that matters

Last edited by jmana; 07-31-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Second page on this thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146092
Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-31-2011, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Threadstarter

jmana is just getting started
Re: ROM Install How To??

Ok, well from that post it basically says to download the ROM, copy the zip to the SD card, and then reboot. Sorry, but this just won't work for me, I've tried and it does nothing. I need something more in depth, because there is obviously something I am missing.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

How to Flash
Download ROM and place on the root of your SD Card
Boot into recovery mode
Wipe Data / Factory Reset
Flash ROM
Reboot and enjoy!

download this app to boot in to recovery
Quick Boot (Reboot) - Android app on AppBrain
Old 07-31-2011, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work

The "flash ROM" step, means to install from zip when you are in clockworking mode... I have only flashed my TP2, so this was a bit harder and a little more learning... But thats all it is bro... I had the same problem last night, but today I'm all good
Old 07-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wipe Data/ Factory Reset???

I have a clue from flashing TP2 what that means but would you please be a little more expansive as to how to do each of the steps.

Thank you very much. This is my first time with the Android OS. I have been on windows for years and assume that the overall process is the same, but there are different names and steps to perform.

Also, I did a nandroid backup, is this how one restores the data to the phone after the ROM flash or is there an easier way???

Thank you for your help.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:45 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

A nandroid backup is just that, a backup, in case something goes wrong or you need to revert to your previous rom. It saves everything exactly how it was so you can go back if need be.

WipeData/Factory Reset....You have to select this to wipe the phone clean before installing a rom. It doesn't remove your carrier information (phone number, etc). Wiping Cache and Dalvik Cache wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited by Carla; 07-31-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thank you Carla.

Is there a backup program that just backs up your data and your apps and such so when you flash the new ROM you can put in your old information? Like HTC Sync???

With the TP2, I used the MS sync programs to get my contacts and my calendar back. Other programs would install your program CABs to the ROM and you were good to go.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

You're very welcome. I know you can backup quite a bit with Titanium Backup as far as apps and stuff but I don't know how or if it works with data such as email accounts and everything. I always do it the old fashioned way so hopefully someone else will come along who knows a little more about those things.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

The "old fashioned way?"

What's that?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D