PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Is the Evo3D worth it?

I am VERY close to jumping networks just to get this phone. I don't know I'm kind of impulsive like that. I just want to make sure it's worth it from real users who own this thing.

I am getting very mixed reviews online. Some people say the cameras make the phone uncomfortable and weird, and the 3D isn't that great, and battery is horrendous, and the 2MP 3D pics kinda suck, and the 5MP 2D pics aren't that great, and blah blah.

Then some people say it's a good phone and the 3D is better than expected, blah blah.

From you guys who actually own the phone, how is it?

is the 3D awesome? does it have decent viewing angles, are the dual-cameras that awkward? do you miss the kickstand? is the screen washed out and not that great??

real users opinions are what matter to me, not bgr and engadget and stuff.

I am currently reviewing a Sensation for HTC (look for my upcoming article on the front page) and I love it. It's fast, awesome, screen is great, 8mp camera is just amazing, the form factor, everything. If I stay on tmobile I am getting this phone.

So how's the 3D?
Old 06-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I love my 3d but I really hate this battery life. I heard its worse battery life than sensation. I hope it gets better with some updates. Other than battery this phone is a beast and the 3d is a plus.

Sent from my EVO 3D!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO in 3 Dimensions

0ri0n is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Is the Evo3D worth it?

For me, the 3d is a nice feature to tout, but its not all that practical. You can take 3d pix and videos and it looks good if you know how to look at it, but its not all that impressive. you have to tell the person you are showing it to, that they have to look at it a certain way... its almost like telling a joke and having to explain it afterword for them to get it. Also, not much of a benefit for the pix and self made 3d videos if you cant share them, and they can only be looked at on your phone. I do not know many people that have 3d devices.

The 3d movies and youtube vids one the otherhand, ARE pretty impressive and do not cause to much strain on the eyes. (the 3d does not bother my eyes at all, but sometimes does for the people I am showing.) Again though, this seems (for now at least) as a feature for oohs and ahhs until the technology is more widely adopted. Spiderman 3d was boring but looked interesting with the 3d effect.

Personally, I would get the device if you liked the Sensation, because you cant really go wrong anyway. I am not sure on the quality of the camera on the sensation, but the Evo 3d camera is a definite step up from the original evo and looks pretty good if you ask me... low light pix still kinda suck though. other than the camera, everything else is similar in terms of performance...

My 2 pennies.

As far as the battery life, I have no idea why everyone else is having issues with that... my battery is waaay better than my OG evo I went from about 10 hours to about 18

Last edited by 0ri0n; 06-28-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

easilybigger is a n00b

In my opinion you will not make a bad decision going with this phone. I have taken probably 50 pics already of my daughter( who is 2 years old and always moving. What i disliked about the EVO camera was that it didn't take any good pictures with moving objects and the best pictures were outside only. With the EVO 3d you get great pics inside and outside and while objects are moving. I don't understand what could be awkward about the two camera, both of them are only in use when shooting in 3d only, In which it prompts you that you can only shoot in 3d in landscape mode which is understandable.

As for the phone, it is so smooth there are a few bugs, but that comes with any new device only time will smash those bugs. I haven't experienced lag with doing anything. Going from games to phone calls back to games to the camera, everything is smooth. And you just have to love all the HTC widgets which are cool to show off, I particularly like the photo grid.

Battery life is cool with me. I am always near a charger. I listen to music, do a few races in a game, check email every 5 mins and text, and it doesn't get to the red til 2. I feel that is heavy usage seeing as though the screen is on most of the time. I have been able to stream my amazon cloud with the screen off and 4g on for a solid 8 hours with out having to put it on the charger. so for me the battery all depends on how much the screen is on for you. Hope i helped with your decision
Old 06-28-2011, 02:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I am VERY close to jumping networks just to get this phone. I don't know I'm kind of impulsive like that. I just want to make sure it's worth it from real users who own this thing.

I am getting very mixed reviews online. Some people say the cameras make the phone uncomfortable and weird, and the 3D isn't that great, and battery is horrendous, and the 2MP 3D pics kinda suck, and the 5MP 2D pics aren't that great, and blah blah.

Then some people say it's a good phone and the 3D is better than expected, blah blah.

is the 3D awesome? does it have decent viewing angles, are the dual-cameras that awkward? do you miss the kickstand? is the screen washed out and not that great??

real users opinions are what matter to me, not bgr and engadget and stuff.

I am currently reviewing a Sensation for HTC (look for my upcoming article on the front page) and I love it. It's fast, awesome, screen is great, 8mp camera is just amazing, the form factor, everything. If I stay on tmobile I am getting this phone.

So how's the 3D?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msrUAKFL3ZU

all i can say is the E3D RULES!!!!!!

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 06-28-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's an awsome phone. As far as battery life, if you know how to manage the sensation (push mail, BT, and all the things in life to sync to), the battery is not that bad. I get a full day out of it with moderate use.

Personally, if I had the money, I would upgrade ALL my phones to the E3D!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

3VO > All other phones
Old 06-28-2011, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Amazing!

Quote:
The viewing angle of 3D is kinda crappy. Its not something you will use everyday, I can tell you that. It can really screw with your eyes until you get the sweet spot figured out. The dual cameras are not awkward at all. Whoever said that is a douche. Never had the OG Evo so I dont miss the kickstand. Screen is not washed out to me. It does seem to lack a certain level of vibrancy... But I would certainly not call it washed out.

Overall the speed and Sense 3.0 is what makes this device unreal. You cant bog it down!

Have you gone to a Sprint store and played with one yet?

EDIT: One last thing... I like the frame and casing of the Sensation better. The rounded look is much more palatable to me. The Evo 3D looks to squared off... But that is minor aesthetics.

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 06-28-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Thanks guys for the responses.

Based on this though it almost seems like I should stick with the Sensation, the only "better" thing about the Evo3D is the 3D, and most of you are saying it's not really that amazing or useful, just kinda fun?

Or is there more to this?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started

Like many others, I think the 3d is kind of gimmicky but a nice feature. For the cheap price (120 bucks with case), it was worth it just to get the tasty dual core.

Battery life for me is on par for the Evo using all the standard tricks. -e.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D