PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: EVO 3D preorder for Sero-P customer..Options??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
My understanding is SERO-P still exists but it is only for people moving from the old SERO. If you are not currently on an old SERO account they they probably won't put you on SERO-P account.
Thats what it seems like.... was worth a try

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98

I finally got a reply back. I was told they wouldnt migrate my line back to the SERO plan. I still have one line on a SERO plan and they told me they could upgrade it to SERO-P. So it still exists. Just a matter of finding someone that will convert my line back to SERO to match my other line.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
I finally got a reply back. I was told they wouldnt migrate my line back to the SERO plan. I still have one line on a SERO plan and they told me they could upgrade it to SERO-P. So it still exists. Just a matter of finding someone that will convert my line back to SERO to match my other line.
Good to know thanks.... Unfortunately it strengthens the argument that I will not be getting back on lol
Old 06-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

barbershop is a n00b
I just upgraded 3 family old sero 1200 plans to the sero p plans to upgrade to the newest phones

I lost 1200 minutes down to 500 minutes, but the cost overall was the same (as our plans were 49/ month)

Basically the plans do still exist, just find a cheap one off ebay, for like 100, or do as others have said clone off your dads acct
Old 06-16-2011, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98

I just talked to a manager of the manager of the employee accounts department. She told me she would be happy to migrate my plan back to SERO, but their system wouldn't allow it. Since the plan isn't offered anymore the system won't let them change an account to SERO. They can only upgrade an existing SERO basic plan to Premium.

I asked about cloning my existing SERO basic plan over and then upgrading to SERO Premium, but was told that was not possible anymore either. She said Sprint is purging our the SERO accounts as fast as they possibly can and have made it impossible to get on one without taking over one that already exists.

Take it for what its worth... Just what I was told. Don't know if its true or not.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work

I am still on the SERO $30 with 500 minutes.

On 24th, I am going to the SERO-P. Sad. Got to pay more, but I dont have home phone or dish/cable. I use free HD OTA. So I save some and loose some.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I just talked to a manager of the manager of the employee accounts department. She told me she would be happy to migrate my plan back to SERO, but their system wouldn't allow it. Since the plan isn't offered anymore the system won't let them change an account to SERO. They can only upgrade an existing SERO basic plan to Premium.

I asked about cloning my existing SERO basic plan over and then upgrading to SERO Premium, but was told that was not possible anymore either. She said Sprint is purging our the SERO accounts as fast as they possibly can and have made it impossible to get on one without taking over one that already exists.

Take it for what its worth... Just what I was told. Don't know if its true or not.
I retract everything that I posted above... It seems it was not true.

I got both of my lines converted to SERO Premium from the ERP family plan. It took a dozen or so emails back and fourth with everythingreferral@sprint.com voicing my displeasure about being taken off of my SERO plans to upgrade my phones.

The Sprint rep first explained the policy to me and why I didn't fall under that policy. The policy about switching people back to SERO was put in place in November 2010 and is only valid for people who had to change their plans in 2010 due to SERO basic not being compatible with advance handsets. I upgraded one line on my account at the end of 2009 for the Samsung Moment which required me to change my plan. Both lines were taken off of SERO and placed on the ERP family plan. Other line was upgraded when the EVO was released in 6/2010.

I argued their policy makes no sense to apply only to customers who had to change their plans in 2010 to upgrade to a new handset. It shouldn't matter if Sprint made someone change plans in 2009 or 2010 to upgrade. Sprint would have required the SERO plan been changed reguardless of when the upgrade took place since they said SERO would never be compatible with advanced devices. I told them I would have waited to upgrade if Sprint wouldn't have said it would "never" happen with SERO.

Maybe that info will help some of you out if you're just getting the run around from Sprint.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I retract everything that I posted above... It seems it was not true.

I got both of my lines converted to SERO Premium from the ERP family plan. It took a dozen or so emails back and fourth with everythingreferral@sprint.com voicing my displeasure about being taken off of my SERO plans to upgrade my phones.

The Sprint rep first explained the policy to me and why I didn't fall under that policy. The policy about switching people back to SERO was put in place in November 2010 and is only valid for people who had to change their plans in 2010 due to SERO basic not being compatible with advance handsets. I upgraded one line on my account at the end of 2009 for the Samsung Moment which required me to change my plan. Both lines were taken off of SERO and placed on the ERP family plan. Other line was upgraded when the EVO was released in 6/2010.

I argued their policy makes no sense to apply only to customers who had to change their plans in 2010 to upgrade to a new handset. It shouldn't matter if Sprint made someone change plans in 2009 or 2010 to upgrade. Sprint would have required the SERO plan been changed reguardless of when the upgrade took place since they said SERO would never be compatible with advanced devices. I told them I would have waited to upgrade if Sprint wouldn't have said it would "never" happen with SERO.

Maybe that info will help some of you out if you're just getting the run around from Sprint.
Thanks I was just about to give up but this new news changes things! I will be sending them an email for the exact same reasons. I still have the one caveat that my Sero was somehow changed from technically being a Sero plan but I will give it a shot.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work

I thought some people that were asking about it earlier might want to see what the SERO Premium plan claims it can do through the Sprint site.

Here is a screenshot of the plan as seen through the Sprint site after one logs in (attached).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SEROPremiumPlan.jpg (167.0 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Once again thanks to all who helped (pretty sure I hit all of your thanks buttons). I emailed using the email posted above and everything is going to be taken care of! I will be returning to Sero as a Sero-P customer!!!!! I discussed my options with the rep and we will switch my account back on Saturday after I purchase my phone at Best Buy Friday to avoid any complications with the upgrade! I am so happy! This is why I love my PPCGeeks family! I just finished grad school and still haven't started a new job so the monthly savings is much needed!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D