PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 09:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Low Timer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] CleanROM 1.3 -8/13/11 - New Features and Enhancements!

I have a noob question. I have Clean ROM 1.1 installed with a Titanium backup, what is the best way to install Clean ROM 1.3 and restore my home screen? It would save time not having to redo/remember my home screens when updating.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 10:59 AM
N00b

Low Timer is a n00b

I was able to restore my home screen as well as almost everything the way I had the phone before updating to Clean ROM 1.3. The only thing that wan't restored was "Accounts & Sync". My email settings were not restored. Using TiBu, I've read not to restore items in red. "Account & Sync" is listed in red, is there a way to restore email and other account sync settings?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Excellent rom!!!! Very simple and to the point. So many other chefs mod and theme the hell out of their roms and it can get very annoying IMO. Props to you and omj for keeping things on the simpler side.

Last edited by themuffinman; 08-14-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

@scrosler - I see you added Kernel Manager to your latest Rom. I'm thinking about giving it a go. What Kernel do you recommend?

#1 Device - Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
#2 Device - HTC Evo 3D S-Off
Old 08-14-2011, 11:40 AM
N00b

Low Timer is a n00b

Yet another question, can the crt screen off be configured/disabled/customized? I thought I stumble across a message for crt settings, but can't seem to find it again.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Timer View Post
I was able to restore my home screen as well as almost everything the way I had the phone before updating to Clean ROM 1.3. The only thing that wan't restored was "Accounts & Sync". My email settings were not restored. Using TiBu, I've read not to restore items in red. "Account & Sync" is listed in red, is there a way to restore email and other account sync settings?
Thanks
I dont know, I set up accounts and sync every time by hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Excellent rom!!!! Very simple and to the point. So many other chefs mod and theme the hell out of their roms and it can get very annoying IMO. Props to you and omj for keeping things on the simpler side.
Thank you! I have another ROM I am working on that will be for the themed crowd but thats later on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
@scrosler - I see you added Kernel Manager to your latest Rom. I'm thinking about giving it a go. What Kernel do you recommend?
I really like the JD Kernel shooter OC'ed to 1.7 and set to govern at "no Lag" Thats nice... real nice. But I also see a brand new kernel popped up today. May give that a spin as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Timer View Post
Yet another question, can the crt screen off be configured/disabled/customized? I thought I stumble across a message for crt settings, but can't seem to find it again.
Thanks
There is no setting for CRT Animations. If need be I can post a ZIP to disable it for you. Let me know...

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:14 PM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I really like the JD Kernel shooter OC'ed to 1.7 and set to govern at "no Lag" Thats nice... real nice. But I also see a brand new kernel popped up today. May give that a spin as well.
You have a link to that JD kernel thread? I can't seem to find it, I just want to read up on it a little.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
You have a link to that JD kernel thread? I can't seem to find it, I just want to read up on it a little.
TO the thread, no... I im a gung ho type of guy, lol. Just flash and test. There is another kernel just posted as well. Its the No Lights kernel based off rcmix. I think thats what it is based on...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I have also added a mod to my mods page. Its the stock battery with percent. I also have one font pack up.

I'll be taking requests and suggestions to add to the page. Just LMK....

CleanROM Add-On Packs | scottcrosler.info
Old 08-14-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
TO the thread, no... I im a gung ho type of guy, lol. Just flash and test. There is another kernel just posted as well. Its the No Lights kernel based off rcmix. I think thats what it is based on...
Oh ok, well I guess I am a little different. I typically wont blindly flash a kernel without doing a little reading up on it first.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development