PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

BamAlmighty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PerfektFit Charging Dock for HTC EVO™ 3D

Onsale right now for $26.24

iGrip PerfektFit Car Mount / Dock for HTC EVO 3D $26.24 shipped! - Slickdeals.net
Old 07-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamAlmighty View Post
Here's a link I used to "activate" the discount.
Lets Talk® Coupon Code, Lets Talk® Coupons, Lets Talk® Promo Codes
Old 07-15-2011, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bitslizer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartz View Post
I just purchased this charging dock for the EVO 3d. I like that it works with most cases and allows access to the the primary camera. You might not think that is a big deal but with AR navigation apps you got to have the camera looking at the road. I also like how it automatically brings up the Car Panel mode. The interface makes it feel like a standalone GPS. What do you guys think?
Anyone figure out how to pivot the head vertically to turn it from a windshield mount into a dash mount? They changed the design and the pivot adjustment knob is gone. I tried brute forcing it a bit but still no luck as i was worry about breaking the damn thing
Old 07-15-2011, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

zoglog is becoming a great contributor

Wow Letstalk is BS, they shipped this in a bubble wrap envelope.... it's a freaking box and this is the result

Last edited by zoglog; 07-15-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

WOW you got rough mail carriers. I got it the same way(in an envelope) but my box is pretty much still in pristine condition.

As for the dock, it's great. Works great with the TPU cases and my Barely There case as well. Nice item. Now I just need to figure out where to mount it in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitslizer View Post
Anyone figure out how to pivot the head vertically to turn it from a windshield mount into a dash mount? They changed the design and the pivot adjustment knob is gone. I tried brute forcing it a bit but still no luck as i was worry about breaking the damn thing
Just swivel the head 180 degrees then tilt to get the angle. I will agree that they should have included the second adjusting knob cause I'd like it to tilt a bit more.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 07-15-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:27 PM
N00b

Palndrm12 is just getting started

I was thinking about getting one of these for myself and one for the wife. Both would prolly be dash mounts though so I am a bit worried about the lack of swivel options. Anybody have a 2006-2011 Civic? Would love to see some pics of the mount. Or anyone that has pics of how they mounted it would be cool. Lets see 'em!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Almost a VIP

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palndrm12 View Post
I was thinking about getting one of these for myself and one for the wife. Both would prolly be dash mounts though so I am a bit worried about the lack of swivel options. Anybody have a 2006-2011 Civic? Would love to see some pics of the mount. Or anyone that has pics of how they mounted it would be cool. Lets see 'em!

I have it in an 2009 Civic. I ended up putting the bottom in the storage bin behind the shifter. It protrudes out to the left of the shifter. The issue I had was getting the disk to stick because of the way the floor of the bin was molded. I ended up using a little black duck tape to tape the bottom to the floor of the storage bin and used some double sided mounting tape on the bottom of the igrip tray since it leans on the edge of the storage bin.

I know it sounds weird but it looks great and the duck tape is hidden in the bin. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll posts some pics.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

FYI, I tried this dock in the local Sprint store and it would not work with the Sprint Body Glove case. It was close, VERY close, but it was just a tiny bit too tight and it ended up breaking the charging port off the dock. Thankfully it wasn't my dock, it was the one I was going to buy if it worked with the case, lol.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

zoglog is becoming a great contributor

This dock is awesome, been using it for a bit. My only complaint is that audio is way too low to be useable. Gotta get an aux cable or bluetooth in the car =/
Old 08-26-2011, 09:06 PM
N00b

Palndrm12 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
I have it in an 2009 Civic. I ended up putting the bottom in the storage bin behind the shifter. It protrudes out to the left of the shifter. The issue I had was getting the disk to stick because of the way the floor of the bin was molded. I ended up using a little black duck tape to tape the bottom to the floor of the storage bin and used some double sided mounting tape on the bottom of the igrip tray since it leans on the edge of the storage bin.

I know it sounds weird but it looks great and the duck tape is hidden in the bin. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll posts some pics.
Do you think its possible to mount to the left or right of the steering wheel as I show in the pictures? I like the heads up display on the Civic and would love to keep my navigation in that area too. And I think if I could put it in mounting location #1 I could hit the touch screen with ease while never letting go of the steering wheel. But I can live with #2 mount on the small piece of glass or somewhere to the right of the speedometer but not sure how friendly that surface is for a suction cup. I am thinking based on others reviews the limited movement of the arm would be an issue too. I would be interested in seeing pics of your mounting location too. Thanks for your feedback!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LH_ATTACH.jpg (144.6 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg RH_ATTACH.jpg (118.8 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories