PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: I got my Droid Incredible Today

Moved to the Droid Incredible Forum

This will bring some love to that forum as well as give those potential users a chance to learn from you. Congrats on the Device! You should write up a nice little review to post whenever you get some time, i am sure others would love to hear it! Thanks for the pics BTW.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isror View Post
The only hard buttons on the Incredible is the volume rocker and the power button, both are a bit squishy. RAM at boot I'm to be honest not sure how to check that. The battery life holds up well from what I can see...It gets me through the day so far with plenty to spare. There is no independent camera button on this, so you need to use the optical "trackball" for the take picture button other than tapping the screen.
thanks again. yeha i had a feeling the buttons would be the same as from the tp2, since its still htc and all. squishy buttons just feel cheap to me, oh well, not nearly a deal breaker.

as far as RAM goes, to be honest i haven't played much with android either to know the best place to check. from running the port of android on my tp2 there was a task killer app in the pull down top bar menu. when i selected the task killer it would show the free RAM at the top of that app. but i am not sure if that app comes installed stock, i don't believe it does.

anywho, thanks again. let us know more as you go...likes, dislikes and such. so jealous, haha
Old 04-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I agree with MrGoodCat, I am very curious to hear more about it from you
Old 04-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

man i cant wait!!! congrats isror!!! any recommendations for apps on the beast?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Does this beast have Wifi N like it was rumored to?

Does friendStream work like an RSS feed reader? and if not, is there one you can get?

Does the phone have a powerful vibrate alert or is it mild like the TP2? I can barely feel it when its in my pocket.

if you want, you can answer these with " Droid Does" LOL

my main question is the Wifi N though, and if you can share your wifi with other devices like the wifi router/hotspot app built into WinMo HTC devices

Edit: I got my answer to WiFi N atleast

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.

Last edited by NCX Designs; 04-22-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Threadstarter

Isror is becoming a great contributor

As far as the vibrate goes, I think its quite powerful for the size of the device, I notice it when wearing cargo shorts, when I couldn't with my TP2 a while ago when I had one.

My fiance said that she thinks the sound quality is better on her end (with me on the Incredible) than when I was using my Moto Droid.

If I had to gripe about something, I'd say maybe the body is too smooth because it easily slides out of my pocket when sitting down, so I'm usually taking it out of my pocket before I sit down. None of the local Verizon stores have accessories yet, and the one Bodyglove case I do want hasn't even been ordered by big red yet.

I've yet to really play with Friend Stream, but that's mainly because I'm anti Facebook type pages to begin with, so I really just stick to text messaging.

The Internet on this bad boy is something to be reckoned with...I'll go 3g to 3g with ANY Apple fanboy with the Incredible and would put money on the Incredible coming out on top for any page, not to mention we've got flash light going on this bad boy.

The Sense UI is amazing, quick and snappy from all other previous versions I've used, and makes you feel happy to "Be Home Again" with HTC.

I just noticed last night that when taking pictures, you can press down on the optical trackball and the center post of it, is a button, but the pictures are quick to take, none of this click and wait 5-6 seconds like I experienced with my Moto Droid or TP2.

As for applications, I'm not a big app "*****" lol. I've downloaded the NFL app, Weather Channel (even though weather is built into Sense, I still like having the Weather Channel app), Google Sky Map, Dictionary.com, and a Bar Code Scanner. I'm still looking for more, but I don't have a huge need for apps, and I always have my netbook for simple gaming.

The charge time is good, I'd say about 2hrs tops from 30% power remaining to full charge. If you use this device for what its intended, she'll get you through the day, but this will be one of those phones I think users will want to maybe look into a high cap or spare battery for those really extended days. Its nice because the phone has a built in meter for showing where your battery usage is being done the most.

Overall, this was the device I've been waiting for. Physical size is amazing and the physical weight; its lighter than the Moto Droid. The screens ability to display color is just outstanding. I don't like that we have to pry the cover off the back to remove the battery and then snap it back on, it just feels like its one of those things we'll be replacing in a few months of wear and tear, but I could be wrong, maybe HTC has found some way of reinforcing plastics to hold up better lol, idk.

More questions? Please feel free to ask
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isror View Post
As far as the vibrate goes, I think its quite powerful for the size of the device, I notice it when wearing cargo shorts, when I couldn't with my TP2 a while ago when I had one.

My fiance said that she thinks the sound quality is better on her end (with me on the Incredible) than when I was using my Moto Droid.

If I had to gripe about something, I'd say maybe the body is too smooth because it easily slides out of my pocket when sitting down, so I'm usually taking it out of my pocket before I sit down. None of the local Verizon stores have accessories yet, and the one Bodyglove case I do want hasn't even been ordered by big red yet.

I've yet to really play with Friend Stream, but that's mainly because I'm anti Facebook type pages to begin with, so I really just stick to text messaging.

The Internet on this bad boy is something to be reckoned with...I'll go 3g to 3g with ANY Apple fanboy with the Incredible and would put money on the Incredible coming out on top for any page, not to mention we've got flash light going on this bad boy.

The Sense UI is amazing, quick and snappy from all other previous versions I've used, and makes you feel happy to "Be Home Again" with HTC.

I just noticed last night that when taking pictures, you can press down on the optical trackball and the center post of it, is a button, but the pictures are quick to take, none of this click and wait 5-6 seconds like I experienced with my Moto Droid or TP2.

As for applications, I'm not a big app "*****" lol. I've downloaded the NFL app, Weather Channel (even though weather is built into Sense, I still like having the Weather Channel app), Google Sky Map, Dictionary.com, and a Bar Code Scanner. I'm still looking for more, but I don't have a huge need for apps, and I always have my netbook for simple gaming.

The charge time is good, I'd say about 2hrs tops from 30% power remaining to full charge. If you use this device for what its intended, she'll get you through the day, but this will be one of those phones I think users will want to maybe look into a high cap or spare battery for those really extended days. Its nice because the phone has a built in meter for showing where your battery usage is being done the most.

Overall, this was the device I've been waiting for. Physical size is amazing and the physical weight; its lighter than the Moto Droid. The screens ability to display color is just outstanding. I don't like that we have to pry the cover off the back to remove the battery and then snap it back on, it just feels like its one of those things we'll be replacing in a few months of wear and tear, but I could be wrong, maybe HTC has found some way of reinforcing plastics to hold up better lol, idk.

More questions? Please feel free to ask
The colors on the AMOLED in the reviews are saying that the colors aren't right, that there over-saturated, I'm a big big color fan, I love colors and hate it when screens can't show the true vibrant hues in color spectrums.

i'm glad to hear the review i read about them being over-saturated, is probably just from someone that doesn't like colors and is most likely a fan of GTX type of themes

the body glove case i want is the red/black gradient case that snaps on, and hopefully a good dock will come out
i think the car dock looks hideous, hopefully Seidio dock/accessories will be better than the ones VZ will offer

I'm really excited, i even updated my sig LOL

Last edited by NCX Designs; 04-22-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

im so jealous!! lls congrads smh!! lls

Old 04-22-2010, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Threadstarter

Isror is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post
The colors on the AMOLED in the reviews are saying that the colors aren't right, that there over-saturated, I'm a big big color fan, I love colors and hate it when screens can't show the true vibrant hues in color spectrums.

i'm glad to hear the review i read about them being over-saturated, is probably just from someone that doesn't like colors and is most likely a fan of GTX type of themes

the body glove case i want is the red/black gradient case that snaps on, and hopefully a good dock will come out
i think the car dock looks hideous, hopefully Seidio dock/accessories will be better than the ones VZ will offer

I'm really excited, i even updated my sig LOL
I get the feeling that the reviewers that don't like the colors on the Incredible are nothing more than iPhone fanboys who like the emo icons that look like 5y/o's drew. I love the live wallpapers too that Android has, very unique and doesn't hinder performance in the least bit.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have heard the live wallpapers cause a bit more battery drain and lag in the device, that isn't true?? If not, please let me more about live wallpaper. I am a noob to Android, and learning as I go...I am currently posting and reading from a few forums and I am getting there, but have a lot to learn.

I can say at this point that I am 99% sure I am getting the Incredible in a few months (waiting on the New Every 2 to come around)!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible