PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > HTC Droid Incredible Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 08:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
25% off Phantom Skinz

Just FYI I found this promo code you can use to get 25% off. First time using this brand. I used Zagg before and didn't like it. With Phantom you get 2 kits and free shipping and now 25% off. Don't know how long it lasts.

Edit: code is spring25

Last edited by coolingoutofhabit; 05-19-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: add the dang code
Old 05-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Waiting for HTC Incredible

MSUMike is a n00b
Re: 25% off Phantom Skinz

Thanks for the heads-up, and make sure you post back once you get it on your Incredible & tell us how you like it.

Still waiting on mine but I would like to order the screensaver now so I can put it on right after I get it. Wondering if a matte/non-gloss saver might work best with all the talk of the difficulty of viewing the screen in sunlight.......
Old 05-19-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started

Here is a post over at xda abotu screen savers, and if you look at the boxwave antiglare they look pretty awesome
Old 05-28-2010, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okay, I've applied the PhantomSkinz to a Moto Droid and I have to say it is a lot better than Zagg. The number one reason is because of the corners and sides. I noticed with Zagg that a lot of the corners didn't get covered which didn't make a lot of sense to me. When you drop your device, it almost always lands on a corner. I think that is where it needs to be protected the most. With Zagg the skin was hard to install and seemed to resist touch on the screen. It was very thick. Phantomskinz is a lot better and easier to install in my opinion.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okay, I have to amend my above statements. LOL

So, the PhantomSkinz did apply better to the MotoDroid, but I didn't have as much luck with the Incredible. I have to say though that I am probably not the best at applying these things. The whole experience seems to suck. I've decided to just order a silicone case and have a screen protector.

Applying the sides of the device is the most difficult, but I also had problems lining up the screen. You have to be in an area very clean of debris and dust. This caused a lot of problems for me also. Every time I'd apply it, there would be dust or hair stuck to the adhesive which would create irremovable bubbles. You can't really remove this from the adhesive because you can easily damage the adhesive side and when applied, it is ugly.

Unless you are a pro at it, I just don't think it is worth buying and "experimenting" on your device.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

football0552 is just getting started

I had the same difficulty with my Touch Pro 2 and phantom skinz, the sides are a pain and never went down right. I used ghost armor on a TP2 I had before it was replaced and those went on much nicer... thought it was just me struggling with the phantom skinz.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > HTC Droid Incredible Accessories