PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Android Eris
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Redsoxfanmatt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ringtones for the Droid??

How do you get Ringtones someone sends to you in a mms message to become ringtones you use on the on the phone? i saved them on the sd card but i cant make them a ring tone i can only listen to them in the media player. anyone know? thanks
Old 11-30-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Singer_Actor is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; ADR6200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I think theres a folder.. sdcard/media/audio/ringtone. Is where ringdroid stores mine and they show up so try that? If all else fails just use the app called ringdroid. It makes songs on your sd card into ringtones. Fo freee
Old 11-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Android Eris
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

Redsoxfanmatt is a n00b
Re: Ringtones for the Droid??

Thanks man. I have another question I had to upgrade my plan when I got this and the extra was 30 more a month. Does that make me able to use the internet for free or does it cost money for when I use the internet?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris

Singer_Actor is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Mine jumped 20 a month because I was technically switching to verizon from alltel I guess. But you should have unlimited. Seeing as how the phone is almost always using the Internet to get live updates and such via twitter, facebook, weather and all that good stuff, I would assume you got pt on the unlimited data plan. So yes you are paying, but you are unlimited on data exchange. Which I'm pretty sure is the plan required to even have this phone. I know I'm on unlimited data and have unlimited texting. I would just call up to make sure
Old 12-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Gervy is a n00b
Re: Ringtones for the Droid??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxfanmatt View Post
Thanks man. I have another question I had to upgrade my plan when I got this and the extra was 30 more a month. Does that make me able to use the internet for free or does it cost money for when I use the internet?
Dude,

You better call your VZW rep and find out pretty damn quick. If you don't have the unlimited plan with this phone, be prepared for the phone-bill of a lifetime. LOL. I've heard stories about boneheads that got a Blackberry and not the right data-plan, and wound up with $1000+ monthly bill (for the first month until they had a heart attack and adjust their plan).

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris

Tags
droid, droid ringtones, ringtones