PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Just a note. I was having the same problem as everyone else. I discovered that if I flashed Sprint radio 1.12.34f that solved the problem. If I try to go back to any other radio the problem returns. I am with USCC and do not like this radio as much as the telus but..........

I wish someone with more brain power than me could figure out why this one radio solves the problem.
My phone which had been great started rebooting using GPS, so I needed to fix it. I run mr obvious's 7-22 rom and hadn't hard reset in almost a year but it finally started getting flaky, especially the GPS. I hard reset and couldn't get the GPS working properly again after that, even restored to shipped and reloaded the rom.

after reloading, My GPS worked with everything except BING navigation with Sprint Radio 1.11.00F. Nothing fixed it until I tried 1.12.34f, maybe just loading that would have fixed it all from the beginning! flashing to 1.12.34f solved all problems and made my GPS much faster ! Very strange that everything but BING worked fine with the older radio & even BING maps worked with the older radio, but apparently BING navigation uses different function calls of the GPS for navigation, so unless I find other problems with 1.12.34f, that's my new radio. I did like Mr O's tip about ##786#, that helped some, GPS got faster and more reliable, but it didn't fix BING navigation problem. Only 1.12.34f fixed that ! https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e2457...4FA8D1BFCD!202

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Last edited by etski; 10-23-2011 at 10:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond