PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen cracked on ~3 months old Diamond, no TEP though, what should I do?

So I was waiting for my hair cut yesterday, playing with my less than 3 months old Diamond. It dropped facing down to the carpet, surprisingly the screen cracked a bit even though it fell when I was sitting on a chair (not a huge height), and there was carpet covered indoor floor (not thick carpet though).

Anyway, 3 cracks are on the bottom left corner. Looks like they are underneath the top cover glass, since it feels smooth and looked intact on the top cover.

Unfortunately I don't have TEP on this phone and I'll have to wait until Sep this year before getting a new phone when renewing the contract. So what's my best option now?

Can Sprint repair store or HTC repair it for a reasonable price? Or I should just wait for the new phone in 6 months as everything still works on this phone so far, no loss of touch response, or other stuff.

Thanks for any suggestion.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Screen cracked on ~3 months old Diamond, no TEP though, what should I do?

call *2 and add tep. it will cost you $55 but that's better than whatever the diamond cost plus tax. do it now before 4/09!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

Procter is becoming a great contributor

I thought I could add TEP only within 30 days of new phone activation? And why before 4/09? Thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
So I was waiting for my hair cut yesterday, playing with my less than 3 months old Diamond. It dropped facing down to the carpet, surprisingly the screen cracked a bit even though it fell when I was sitting on a chair (not a huge height), and there was carpet covered indoor floor (not thick carpet though).

Anyway, 3 cracks are on the bottom left corner. Looks like they are underneath the top cover glass, since it feels smooth and looked intact on the top cover.

Unfortunately I don't have TEP on this phone and I'll have to wait until Sep this year before getting a new phone when renewing the contract. So what's my best option now?

Can Sprint repair store or HTC repair it for a reasonable price? Or I should just wait for the new phone in 6 months as everything still works on this phone so far, no loss of touch response, or other stuff.

Thanks for any suggestion.
Something similar happen to me once. I called Loyalty and told them the ohine was left in the car. I Bit*hed like crazy, they ended up getting me to sign another three year contract and gave me a new phone. That was Telus though, don't know how it works in the States
Old 02-22-2009, 11:30 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

You can add TEP when ever...you just have to keep it active for at least 30 days after activation I believe.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Or do it your self..

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPRINT-HTC-TOUCH...3A1%7C294%3A50

Thanks T M Z
Old 02-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
You can add TEP when ever...you just have to keep it active for at least 30 days after activation I believe.
no, it has to be w/in 30 days of activation

procter, if your not comfortable doing it yourself a sprint service center will fix it for $120.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

why before 4/09?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:31 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

I don't think it has to be within 30 days of activation...

TEP is something that can be added at any time, they want our monthly money remember???
Old 02-23-2009, 01:37 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
I don't think it has to be within 30 days of activation...

TEP is something that can be added at any time, they want our monthly money remember???
Definitely NOT true with Sprint. I've added phones to my account that weren't covered and tried to cover them and been told that it's only available in the first 30 days after the phone is first activated.
They want our money, true, but they don't want people putting it on an old (possibly already broken) phone.
It can be added with some whining and complaining if it's never been done before, but it has to be a really good reason. If you can show that you requested it be added on and thought that it was...

Why would you get a $600 phone and not pay for the TEP anyway?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond