PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

reedster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TV on Juicy ROM (or any non-OEM)

still no answers for this... I've done the calkulin's fix and it's never successful... all I want is Sprint TV working with a Sprint TV tab like the stock ROM came with... Any answers? Or will I have to leave Juicy 8 and wait for Juicy 9 or 10
Old 08-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedster View Post
still no answers for this... I've done the calkulin's fix and it's never successful... all I want is Sprint TV working with a Sprint TV tab like the stock ROM came with... Any answers? Or will I have to leave Juicy 8 and wait for Juicy 9 or 10
You can boycott the ROM if you want, but i doubt you'll ever find a non-stock ROM with a Sprint TV tab in manila. And by "doubt", i mean "am certain you won't"

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:35 PM
ill
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

ill is keeping up the good workill is keeping up the good work

sprint tv worked fine in my rom when i included it.. i didnt have the manila tab. but sprint tv had no problems. not sure why you would be having so much trouble.. try a different rom if that's what you are looking for most out of a rom.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

reedster is a n00b

it's not what I'm looking for the most out of a ROM. What I'm looking for is everything that did work to STILL work. Energy's ROM has Picture Mail and TV just fine... How could it be that difficult to add in Juicy 8? Calkulins TV fix doesn't even install... always unsuccessful... Maybe it's because Juicy calls the device HTC_Touch instead of RAPH800 in Ident tab. Could that be why Sprint isn't recognizing it? Just tossing out ideas...

As for the other in a tab, I figured it was easy for someone to add a manila tab since again, it already existed, as in there's one in the stock ROM. By saying "someone" I mean, "am certain someone can do it or explain how"
Old 08-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedster View Post
it's not what I'm looking for the most out of a ROM. What I'm looking for is everything that did work to STILL work. Energy's ROM has Picture Mail and TV just fine... How could it be that difficult to add in Juicy 8? Calkulins TV fix doesn't even install... always unsuccessful... Maybe it's because Juicy calls the device HTC_Touch instead of RAPH800 in Ident tab. Could that be why Sprint isn't recognizing it? Just tossing out ideas...

As for the other in a tab, I figured it was easy for someone to add a manila tab since again, it already existed, as in there's one in the stock ROM. By saying "someone" I mean, "am certain someone can do it or explain how"

I can't explain why sprint TV wouldn't work for you, because it worked fine for me when i was using juicy. As for the tab thing, i CAN explain that it would be as close to a complete waste of time as possible, because it was a waste of space on the stock rom and would remain so in a custom rom.
Manila tabs are a pretty difficult little animal to mess with.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:24 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Here's the Sprint TV cab I always run on my Diamond. Works with all the Roms' I've tried(although I haven't used Juicy's.)
Attached Files
File Type: cab SprintTV-1_6_Diamond_1034_072908a.CAB (1.09 MB, 67 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond