PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mogulman01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to Sprint Diamond - Couple of quirks/issues

Long time Sprint user. Had a Palm Centro and Treo 800w before this. Just got the HTC Diamond for Sprint about 2 weeks ago. I bought it used from a guy, but it was in great shape. It had Might Rom 4.6 on it. I flashed it back to factory and flashed Might Rom 4.8 on it. I also have the Sprint 1.11.00f Radio on it. I only use this phone a few times during the week in the evenings and on weekends. I have a blackberry for work on weekdays.

I'm noticing a couple of quirks/funkiness and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or offer any suggestions:

-A couple of times I've left my phone on a USB charger (not the factory one..The guy I bought it from lost it). It seems like its charging. It charges up. I can see the battery full. I leave it on the charger. A few days later.. I go to use the phone and the battery is dead. I think this might be related to the particular charger. The last 4 days I've used a different charger and haven't seen this. Could this be related to the charger?

-After not using the phone since last weekend (about 4 days), I took it out tonight. I noticed when using data that the indicator kept going between 1x and EV.. back and forth and the reception bars were going up and down. I know that the area that I am in has great reception and gets EVDO reception with my old Centro and 800w. I shutdown the phone by holding down the power button and started it back up. Now it is reading consistantly EV. Although even now.. I let it sit charging and the reception looked poor until I picked it up.. then it showed full strength. Does the reception indicator go to sleep or something? Any ideas why it would go into this funky state of 1x/EV?

-Last little thing is that I notice that the Sprint Instant Messaging App seems to turn on by itself. I almost never use it but wanted an AIM app just in case. When I go to the task manager to shut down some stuff, the IM app is running pretty frequently. I don't have it set to autologin. Does this thing connect to Sprint once in a while to update itself? Is there a better AIM app then the sprint one that might behave better?

I really like this phone.. just wondering about this funkiness.

Thanks for any help..
Old 06-26-2009, 02:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: New to Sprint Diamond - Couple of quirks/issues

1) Probably is a charger issue if a different charger works perfectly. If not, then may be a battery issue but most likely charger related.

2) Data issue not sure.

3) IM has a setting for start on boot up. Shut the feature off if you have not done so already.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mogulman01 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post

3) IM has a setting for start on boot up. Shut the feature off if you have not done so already.
I can't find this. I have the box unchecked for auto signin.

Found it... If I hit Menu, then global settings.. there was an option for auto start... Thanks!

Last edited by mogulman01; 06-26-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mogulman01 is a n00b

The main thing that concerns me is the EV/1X thing. I'm wondering if that is a Mighty 4.8 related thing?
Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No it's not a MightyROM thing. I had 4.7 and it ran fine here. Try updating your PRL and maybe making sure you aren't getting text messages when switching. It could also be a tower issue that you may have Sprint fix. But when I get text messages I force my phone to stay in 1x mode because I run my battery down switching constantly between 1x and EVDO. Try going back to the shipped ROM and letting tech support go crazy with it.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mogulman01 is a n00b

I updated the PRL before I flashed the Mightrom 4.8. It is current.

Interesting that you mentioned text messaging. I think I noticed the funkiness when I sent a text message. Does that cause the Diamond to go into 1X mode for a sec?

Maybe it got stuck or something after the text message.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:17 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Yes text messages go out on 1x. Should switch right back to EV though!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mogulman01 is a n00b

ok.. I'll monitor it.. I sent a text message and got a single reply. THat's when it started happening. Then I did a soft reset and it went away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond