PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: As n00b as a n00b can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Eenie, how exactly have you customized it? (FK2) I like having bigger keys.
I've actually shrunk it a bit and then with the 2.1.408 version you can change whether the bottom bar shows or not. I've edited what keys do what, how long to press and I've edited how the text/shift keys work so I don't have to scroll through my layouts. I've then edited the canned text to my liking... which is one of the awesome features. I have canned text with my email addies and log in names so I just hit one key to enter info on websites. And of course I have my awesome eeniepink theme made by Watzone!

BrennB
Old 06-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkodak89 View Post
You are big help! I've downloaded everything except for the two that cost money, I'd rather wait until the next paycheck rolls around. Are these necessary to have on my phone BEFORE I put the theme on it...or is this something that I can do afterwards?
Nah you can do it aftewards but you really want some sort of backup app before just in case! That would be the first item to get. Sometimes loading apps, changes, etc can bunk out a system for no apparent reason.. some phones no problem others just freeze up.... so having your system backed up enables a restore rather than hard reset. Most of the items have trial versions so you can always install the backup software before the programs.. I think you get two weeks use.

I'm running behind schedule on the theme.... not feeling great but I plan to work on it today.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Hey guy here are my recommendations:
~ a cab file is simple an install format file similar to using an exe on a computer, you put the file on your phone (either download straight to phone or move to phone while connected to PC). Save where you want for organization purposes (USE internal storage as our Diamonds don't have much "device" room so you want to keep it simple. You then use a file explorer and double click or highlight and then press your center/circle button to install.. install any/all programs to Internal Storage if it offers you a choice or unless specified explicitely

~ There are some useful programs to have to complete simple tasks of customizing and maintaining your phone. Most are free. You will also receive a lot of advice, some conflicting... each user has his/her own favorite "easy" way of doing something. In the beginning stick with what you're most comfortable with. Personally, I'd advise against flashing a new rom ... which is 99% of the recommendations to fix EVERYTHING.. but then new users end up with just as many issues/questions.. so first learn your phone and take your time (when you have it) reading and learning... THEN decide if you want to flash. Which according to many is the ultimate enhancement. I've not flashed nor unlocked and I"m extremely pleased with my phone. I'm not saying anything against flashing, only against making choices when someone is not fully understanding the system first.

Here are some programs I'd suggest to get you going. When I complete the theme I'm working on it will be in cab format so you'll just have to click to install.

Programs for phone:
1. total commander (file explorer, reg editor, copy/paste/move files even system files, unzip/zip files) free program: http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/tcmdpocketarm.cab

2. Fingermenu... makes the diamond a bit more finger friendly with large, touchable, scrollable menus http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Sy...nu-71888.shtml

3. Fingerkeyboard... great customizable keybaord that is easy to use on Diamond with great support! Discussion: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...inger+keyboard recommended install giannis cab: (your device is VGA: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...3&d=1239201402)

4. Backup program.. costs but worth it! My choice is SPB Backup:
http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pock...ftware/backup/

5. SKtools another program that costs but has tons of features for tweaking and maintaining phone including moving text and email and other temp type files to Internal Storage.. saves memory issues! http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_feat.html

6. TF3DConfig... get the one that has the correct tweak file.. this program can be simple... you can move/rearrange your tabs as well as disable some. You can change "themes" if you end up going the route of using a ".theme" extension. And it has some simple tweaks.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1243030704

7. Hibby's PPCgeeks app so you can read the forums on your phone while taking a break! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69027

8.... I'm sure others will chime in with links to the battery saving tips and other reg edits... most of which should be cab type of files so you can simple click on them rather than poke your registry.
I have PPCpimbackup and I just took your suggestion and downloaded the Spb cab to my Diamond.
Does the spb back up program duplicate what pim backs up plus much much more?
Also, am I correct to assume that after I download the cab and initiate a back up that I have to connect my Diamond to my laptop in order to have the files saved to an alternate location in case my Diamond bricks and I have to restore the files to a new device?
Also if my Diamond loses some files I assume I can restore the files to my Diamond. from Internal Storage which would not be corrupted?
As you can see I am alittle confused as to how these back up programs work.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Still a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
I have PPCpimbackup and I just took your suggestion and downloaded the Spb cab to my Diamond.
Does the spb back up program duplicate what pim backs up plus much much more?
Also, am I correct to assume that after I download the cab and initiate a back up that I have to connect my Diamond to my laptop in order to have the files saved to an alternate location in case my Diamond bricks and I have to restore the files to a new device?
Also if my Diamond loses some files I assume I can restore the files to my Diamond. from Internal Storage which would not be corrupted?
As you can see I am alittle confused as to how these back up programs work.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Yes, spb will replace what the other backup saves. You can do a complete backup or apartial backup or simple backup files of your choice, IMO its very user friendly. You can also choose where your backup files are stored... I store on my "Internal Storage" where I made a folder for 'backups' so I can simple click on the exe and choose what to restore. I also move/save the latest backup on my pc just in case. When using the backup file you can choose what to restore also.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I appreciate you explaining the above to me.
If I need any help, I know where to go

I gotta go check their site as I don't remember what the trial period was.
I only downloaded the back up program as I think they also had other downloads.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:40 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I've actually shrunk it a bit and then with the 2.1.408 version you can change whether the bottom bar shows or not. I've edited what keys do what, how long to press and I've edited how the text/shift keys work so I don't have to scroll through my layouts. I've then edited the canned text to my liking... which is one of the awesome features. I have canned text with my email addies and log in names so I just hit one key to enter info on websites. And of course I have my awesome eeniepink theme made by Watzone!
Cool. Do you think you could make a fat finger layout? That would be amazing!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Still a Geek

Like raise it up?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Like raise it up?
Well make the keys wider. IDK.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

1.) What kind of software do I need to download onto my phone in order to actually tweak my phone? Is there software out there that I plug all this information into or what? If so, where can I find it? Advanced Config/Diamond Tweak, google/xda. If you google it it will be the first link

2.) I'm having somebody make me a theme as I stated earlier (they're being paid for it) and I need to know how exactly I place this theme on my phone. Like I also stated earlier, I'm not smart enough with this phone yet to understand exactly what y'all are doing to really customize your phones. True noob right? I think windows mobile themes are in a tsk format. Google/http://www.wm6themes.com/ might have some info, link was the first one I found in google.

3.) I'd like to extend the battery life on it and I saw some people talking about tweaks to do this earlier, where can I find these and how would I actually put them on my phone? Google/Forum search of this site leads to http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/?page=2 no2chem's fastcharge, you could probably check google for "extending battery life on winmo devices" or something.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:50 PM
I see you have a PPC.

You know what I started getting used to FK2.1 more for some reason. I'm getting a tad faster. :\

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond