PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

pgr73 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Diamond Refurb Battery Life

I was getting roughly 14-16 hours with mild usage out of my Diamond.

I brought it in to my local Sprint store because of the oily mark in the middle of the screen, and they said they would fix it, 30 minutes later they had completely broke it and told me I was getting a replacement overnighted.

They sent me a refurb which at first looked good, but then I noticed some kind of glue on the edge of the screen that had oozed out and dried, and after putting my fully charged battery in it, I unlocked and flash my ROM. I got 4 hours before it was down to 20% making no calls, and maybe 10 texts. WiFi off, Bluetooth off, and the only data I used was a dashwire restore.

I figured it must be the ROM, so I flashed back to shipped and still 4 hours after a full charge, 1 bar on the battery meter wth NO usage other than Dashwire for 5 minutes. No programs running. Just sitting there.

It has the same radio as my old one and has a good signal.

Makes me want to go into the Sprint store and demand a new, not refurbished phone.

Anybody know why the battery would drain so fast? I gonna be up ****s creek at work Monday.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Diamond Refurb Battery Life

Because of the glue issue, I would return it for another Diamond, even if there were no battery issues. The Diamond may just be a defect, with the glue issue just the tip of the iceberg. Do you have the 2.00 version stock radio ?
Old 06-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Radio Version 1.11.00F

Came with it plus I flashed it again with the Shipped ROM.

PRL 60652
PRI 1.44_003
Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Battery problem or not Id Id call Sprint and get another replacment coming in the mail.
If the battery was fine in your oud diamond then somethings obviously not right, somethings making it work harder than it should.
Is your data ever going inactive?

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Battery problem or not Id Id call Sprint and get another replacment coming in the mail.
If the battery was fine in your oud diamond then somethings obviously not right, somethings making it work harder than it should.
Is your data ever going inactive?

Not that I have noticed. Light usage on the Weekend.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I meant to say 1.11 radio. I would definitely return the Diamond because of the glue issue. If you mention the battery life issue as the only reason for return, they may say that different people get different usage times out of their batteries and dismiss the battery issue as a reason for return, if you know what I mean.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:08 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thats a sh*** refurb they give you a new one dont stop till you get it
Old 06-06-2009, 11:14 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Check with the guys over in this thread. They seem to know the best ways to handle things

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60371
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond