PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: Sprint

killeronly001 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have few questions about the Touch Diamond!

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and I am also new to a place like this where you can upgrade your phone. I am not very familiar with the pocket PCs yet, so I may not understand everything right away.

Anyway, I bought the Diamond Touch from Ebay and it was used,when I got the phone it a storage card, when I reset the phone and go to the memory, it says "Total storage card memory: Not installed." So I am just wondering is there anyway I can get it back?

My second question is, when I hook the phone up to my computer and click on it, it says the file or directory is corrupted or unreadable. So I am wondering how do I get access if I wanted to put the files that I download on my computer to my phone?

My final question is I had a pocket PC about two years ago, and I remember doing something where all my contacts are sent to my e-mail. In my last phone the Instinct, all my contacts are sent to my sprint online account. So I am wondering is there a way where I can do that on my Diamond Touch, either send the contacts to my e-mail or account.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-26-2009, 10:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond

cambo2121 is a n00b
Re: I have few questions about the Touch Diamond!

there are many programs, such as pim backup that send your contacts to an account. As far as the storage you should be able to reformat it by hard reseting in the settings clear storage. Sorry i cant be more help.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Generally speaking, here's what I would do first and so forth ... (1) Install ActiveSync on your PC, and back up all your contacts, email, etc. (2) Hard reset both device and internal memory via settings\clearstorage. (3) Unlock your device with the tools listed in the Diamond Upgrades forum. (4) Download and install a custom rom of your choice.

None of this should replace or substitute for you reading the appropriate stickies in the upgrade forum. We are here to help, but you must do the work in order to improve your knowledge. Good luck ...
Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OK the easy thing is to fix your internal storage. Probably the seller hard reset/cleared the phone. Often this "loses" the internal storage. It is easy to replace go to http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=436 and download the internal storage hotfix and run it on your phone.

Alternatively you can hook your phone back up to the pc via "diskdrive" mode and then right click on the drive via my computer and quick format. To access diskdrive mode first on your phone go to start/settings/connections and click on usb to pc. Check disk drive and keep the box to "ask first" checked so you can access other methods at will.

To sync your phone, backup contacts, etc. install active sync or Windows Mobile Device center (vista pc) to your PC and then connect phone via usb and set to active sync mode. This way you can backup/import contacts and calendar data... as well as do some installs, connect to reg editor etc.

Active sync method of connection to pc gives access to both main drive and internal storage.. diskdrive mode of connection gives access to internal storage only.

BrennB

Last edited by eenieMINI; 05-26-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im just going to say welcome seeing as your questions have been answered
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:32 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You should check out Microsoft My Phone.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welcome And you indeed have been given some excellent advice by some informative members. Good luck and you will learn alot here unlike some other boards where all members do is complain and get their posts deleted because they express their opinions
Old 05-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Threadstarter

killeronly001 is a n00b

Thanks for the answers, but i don't think anybody answered my second question which is my biggest problem. I am trying to sync my phone, but the problem is when I hook it up to my computer via a usb it doesn't really work, I see it on My Computer, but when I click on it it says the file or directory is corrupted or unreadable, so i am wondering if there is anyway i can fix this. I am thinking about reseting my phone, but I don't to delete all the information in my phone.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Hi, The reason you're seeing this is because of the "missing" internal storage card. You need to fix that issue first. When you connect with the usb you will get a drive letter on your PC (this should be where you're getting the error as you're trying to open the drive). Instead right click on that drive letter and format... use the default settings and the quick format, it might take a while. This method restores the internal storage.... OR use the hot fix.

It sounds like you're phone is on default to connect via disk drive mode. You want to be at the place where you can choose your connection. Go to start/settings/connections then click on USB to PC check the dot for Active Sync uncheck the box for Enable faster data sync. Check the box to ask first (this enables a popup window to show whenever you connect the phone to pc. the popup window gives you options to active sync or connect diskdrive mode so you can choose your poison). As I stated before diskdrive mode shows storage card files only and active sync shows both main drive and internal storage card.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Yea, the internal storage hotfix worked for me. It happened the first time I flashed from the shipped rom that came on the phone to one from here. Easily enough fixed. If you can't get your phone to sync properly then it might be a problem to get the file on your phone. But you could try and download directly to main storage instead of internal if you have your phone provisioned. But eenieMINI gave some great alternative advise for formatting if you can't get the file on your Diamond. And yes, PIMBackup is a great thing for backup as well as Windows My Phone. And welcome as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond