PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Hind1 is keeping up the good workHind1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Crack in side of Diamond

Hey all,
I'm looking for ideas on what I should do, if anything, about some cracks that I have recently found on the side "shiny" part of the diamond, between the screen and battery cover. I'm wondering what Telus will do if I bring it in, or if I should just ignore it? Blahg.

All photo's are here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/KeithHind/DiamondCracks#

Thanks in advance,
- Keith

Update: Forgot to add that I've never dropped the phone before... they just kind of appeared... durr?

Please don't forget to press in the rare occurrence that I have helped you!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:21 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Crack in side of Diamond

If they look like a manufacturing defect, you have a good chance to get it replaced under warranty.BUT if the cracks look like they were caused by negligence (even though you didn't drop your phone or cause the cracks,) your chances are diminished on getting it replaced under warranty. If they are very tiny, maybe just forget about it but they may get larger.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hmm... I'm not sure... I have been using the phone so much, the corners of the device are kind of getting "rubbed off" if you know what I mean... they aren't really shiny any more... so to the Telus guys it could look as if it was dropped. Dang?
Old 05-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball
Stupid Cheap Plastic Frames....

I have had this problem as well... just a small crack in the frame right near the USB port. I know of at least one other PPCGeeks (and telus) user who has too.... we had a thread going, but I don't remember what the outcome was. I reported my crack to telus but they said it was just cosmetic. Mind you, mine was not nearly as severe as yours.

BUT! make sure to call client care.!!!!!! they are very very nice and may help you out. the (toronto) number is 416-279-2832 (got that number from a telus rep after i cracked my screen from a 2 foot drop from my bed to the floor..... not exactly sturdy phones these diamonds)

If that doesnt work, I'd take it to your nearest Telus store, and tell them that others have had the problem as well. It sucks. but maybe not much you can do.

Good Luck
Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Haha, awesome, thanks. I'll phone them... it's true that they're usually pretty good at handing out new things and discounts if you're nice enough... I'll phone them at some point... the photo kind of made it look worse then it actually is... it's not that obvious when you look at the photo's, but the one at the bottom is definitely very noticeable if you run your finger along the bottom of the phone. The bottom is much worse then the one on the side.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 AM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I always get friendly with the managers at the Sprint store where I go to get service. I always give them a nice tip as a thank you and they always remember when I come in the next time It helps me out on those occasions where it can go either way regarding whether it is a warranty issue or not. On certain occasions I take care of the manager before hand.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Dialing 611 from your phone is a free call to Telus.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Awesome, thanks all...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:20 PM
VIP Member

Let us know what happens
Old 05-27-2009, 12:21 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Heh your phone is on crack.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond