PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: HTC warranty .. replacement? (crack in the frame)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateHTCnowon View Post
HTC has the worst Warranty Service. I bought My Touch 4G 5 months ago and while I was taking out of my charger the phone slipped and within 6 inches height the screen glass broke. It appeared that they are using a very low grade cheap glass. I called and explained the incident to HTC. They told me that I should send the unit for warranty repair. So, I sent to their Texas facility. When they received the unit they called and told me that broken glass is out of warranty. I asked them to explain if it is out of warranty or not covered by the warranty. The girl from another planet (definitely not from US) kept on saying it is out of warranty. I said how can it be out of warranty if my phone is only 5 months old? Then she said broken phone is out of warranty. I understood that she is lacking right words there and I started writing them. But they blocked my emails. I then copied to every possible email at HTC and finally somebody wrote me back from gmail account and told me that I had to pay $130 to replace LCD screen. I said LCD was working fine it needed only screen glass. She said that's what technician wrote there. I had already spent money to mail it to them now I have to pay additional $130. So, I said then I do not want it repaired, send the unit back to me. Then she asked me to pay $35 to send the unit back to me. I was surprised that they held my phone for a month when I told them that they should not charge me anything for not repairing it. Finally I had no choice but to pay $35 to get broken phone back. THEY DID NOT CARE NO MATTER WHAT I SAID. SO, NOW ON I HATE HTC AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANY HTC PRODUCTS AND I WILL NOT RECOMMEND ANYBODY TO USE HTC PRODUCTS.
I have never seen such a lousy customer service and poor warranty service before especially when they know thousands of customers are writing about the same problem online. These Taiwanese company is trying rip us off. US government should audit their quality if they meet US standard or not.
If somebody is filing a lawsuit, count on me to join on class action.
Dude, you dropped it, it's your fault, get over it. I dont care what company it is, they will tell you the same thing. Unless there was a fault in how they made the phone, a cracked screen is the users fault. Try to do that on a iPhone, $130 ? Haha

I had a touch pro 2, I dropped it tons of times, it just took that one time, at the right angle to crack the display, sorry to say you hit that magic spont on the first shot.

HTC does not make a bad product (their cameras on their phones are a different story) but, things like this tick me off, blaiming a good company for someone elses fault.

Also, ALWAYS buy the insurance on these phones....that would of been covered.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-11-2011 at 08:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: No idea
Carrier: T-Mobile

ihateHTCnowon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs down Re: HTC warranty .. replacement? (crack in the frame)

DavidCT - Do you work for HTC or somebody from your family works there? You have a big problem man. You missed the elephant and focused on an ant. Everybody knows what you have written below. Nothing is new. You missed the point. Let me give you an example to your comments below. I broke my iphone with the same manner and I went to Apple Store and I told them that they might be using cheap glass screen for such an expensive product because it was not supposed to break if they had done "drop-testing" (I am sure you don't even know what that it is and why it is done). They did not make any fuss and they just gave me new iphone. Forget about repair. They gave a new iphone. That's called customer service / warranty service. Because of their superb customer service and great product, people line up to get their products. When HTC is selling phone for over $500 they should fulfill all the manufacturing standards, UL approval, drop test, etc. Most importantly if thousands of people are reporting the same problem in the web, they should recall the product or change glass screen which literally cost them a dollar for free especially if the phone is still under warranty. I spent $50 just to send the unit to them and get back without getting it repaired.

This Taiwanese owned HTC has very short strategy to make money. They are making thousands of customers unhappy for the same very reason and they are asking $130 - $200 just to change screen glass digitizer (not even LCD). Some Moron only would support such company.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
DavidCT - Do you work for HTC or somebody from your family works there? You have a big problem man. You missed the elephant and focused on an ant. Everybody knows what you have written below. Nothing is new. You missed the point. Let me give you an example to your comments below. I broke my iphone with the same manner and I went to Apple Store and I told them that they might be using cheap glass screen for such an expensive product because it was not supposed to break if they had done "drop-testing" (I am sure you don't even know what that it is and why it is done). They did not make any fuss and they just gave me new iphone. Forget about repair. They gave a new iphone. That's called customer service / warranty service. Because of their superb customer service and great product, people line up to get their products. When HTC is selling phone for over $500 they should fulfill all the manufacturing standards, UL approval, drop test, etc. Most importantly if thousands of people are reporting the same problem in the web, they should recall the product or change glass screen which literally cost them a dollar for free especially if the phone is still under warranty. I spent $50 just to send the unit to them and get back without getting it repaired.

This Taiwanese owned HTC has very short strategy to make money. They are making thousands of customers unhappy for the same very reason and they are asking $130 - $200 just to change screen glass digitizer (not even LCD). Some Moron only would support such company.
I gotta call bs on this. No way apple replaced your phone because you dripped it and broke your screen. It's unheard of.

tapa tapa tapa
Old 07-12-2011, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: HTC warranty .. replacement? (crack in the frame)

Quote:

Apple gave you a new iPhone after you dropped it and broke the display ? Really ? What branch did you see? Who's ass did you kiss ? Trust me when I say it, that is not the norm. Broken display on a iPhone, expect (out of exended insurance) about $250+.

Clearly look at the warranty of the product you paid for. It states that no physical damge (Incuding broken or cracked displays) are covered under any warranty. If you had the insurance, it would be covered.

If you think you can replace the digitizer yourself, then do it. You also void any other type of warranty on the device. They have charges set for devices depending on the time it takes and the part cost. It is, what it is. If you don't think it's fair, then bring it elsewhere. Try to take one of these devices apart, then tell me how easy and quick it is.

Personally, I just think your someone who made a mistake by dropping it, and trying to blame it on HTC. Just looking to pass the blame onto someone else. This 100% clearly from your post sounds like it's your fault.

My advice, sell your HTC device, never buy one again. If I was HTC, I wouldn't want you as a customer.

It does not effect me or HTC if you don't buy one....so DONT

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond