PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iphone software

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
If an iphone user posted a similar thread on their forums about wanting to make his iphone like a WMO device so he could simply prove a point... I think he'd be laughed off the board.
Heheh, that's too true. Laughed, insulted, denigrated... but that's because from my own observation, iPhone users are anti-Microsoft Apple snobs! People like me who own and can appreciate the benefits of either platform are really rare on iPhone forums. Once someone brought up that he'd really like a WinMo emulator or VM for iPhone. The hardware can certainly handle it, but a lot of people insulted the guy for wanting WinMo on his phone, a lot of people responded with things like, "Why would you want that? Windows Mobile sucks!". Personally, I thought it would be badass, and a whole lot more useful than putting Linux on an iPhone... a project that people slaved over, accomplished, and never questioned. What the heck is the point of getting Linux to run on a device that already runs a flavor of Unix as its native OS?

Although there's a fair bit of anti-iPhone sentiment on WinMo forums, it's not nearly as prevalent as the reverse on iPhone forums.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockspeoplesfaces View Post
he was impressed, he said "if i would have know that your phone could do that i would have never even bought this piece of sh*t" take that iphoners
If he really said that, his iPhone must not be jailbroken and hacked.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05
Carrier: Sprint

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There's a lot more to the iphone than the homescreen... Obviously he's not a power user.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

rockspeoplesfaces is keeping up the good workrockspeoplesfaces is keeping up the good workrockspeoplesfaces is keeping up the good work

that is very true he is a basic user, not to high-tech of a guy
Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond

hackattack19 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hackattack19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 View Post
Use this version and let me know if it works for you...it did for me...
thank you javierbond69 i was having the same problems
Old 01-09-2009, 02:45 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Talking Re: iphone software

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackattack19 View Post
thank you javierbond69 i was having the same problems
No problem bud, iam glad i could help...

Old 01-09-2009, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why, if all these people want their phone to look or act like an iPhone, that they didn't just buy an iPhone. They are cheaper than a Diamond or Touch Pro, and then they wouldn't have to worry about proving to the iPhone crowd that they are socially equivalent.

I love my Diamond. I got it because I didn't want anything to do with an iPhone or that general herd. I don't want my Diamond to look like an iPhone.

That's just me though... I understand everyone has their own thing.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Talking Re: iphone software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why, if all these people want their phone to look or act like an iPhone, that they didn't just buy an iPhone. They are cheaper than a Diamond or Touch Pro, and then they wouldn't have to worry about proving to the iPhone crowd that they are socially equivalent.

I love my Diamond. I got it because I didn't want anything to do with an iPhone or that general herd. I don't want my Diamond to look like an iPhone.

Thats right, everyone has their own thing....
Old 01-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Maybe some people prefer the iPhone homescreen? It does make sense to some extent if you don't need to see much info (today screen) or do not like TF3D. You can easily access all your apps within a click and still retain a bit of eye candy. As for pricing, I think you forget that the iphone is locked to AT&T and costs more than a Diamond/TP when you factor in contract prices, especially vs. Sprint.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Threadstarter

rockspeoplesfaces is keeping up the good workrockspeoplesfaces is keeping up the good workrockspeoplesfaces is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post

thats not the point of this thread, i was having trouble installing the ifonz, not for me, but to prove a point that the wm based devices are so open and customizable that u can do almost anything with them..... like make them look like an iphone (but how many iphones can look and act like a diamond?)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond