PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Suz416 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I want a better threaded SMS experience.

What's your favorite?
I've read the hundreds of pages of thoughts on different SMS ideas - I'm from PALM and not fond of WM's "version" of threaded sms...there's a ton of wasted space in the screen and it's just not pretty. I have the font on the smallest setting so I can see a lot of the conversation, but surely there is some better implementation... so which one works well and does everything it's supposed to AUTOMATICALLY? I'd like something that I can simply install a cab and it will take the place of the native program, doing what it's supposed to do and doing it well........

Share?
Old 11-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: I want a better threaded SMS experience.

I've tried SMS chat and the threaded sms in PocketCM and ended up using the stock messaging. SMS chat was nice, but being on a titan with limited ram it was just too much for me. I'm assuming you have the diamond (this is the diamond forum after all) and have the memory to use such an app. PocketCM wasn't to my liking at all though its been a while since I used it and it may have updated. Resco is also coming out with a contacts manager that is supposed to include threaded text messaging.

SMS chat http://www.iwindowsmobile.com/thread...messaging.html

PocketCM http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...tcm-v0-21.html

Resco Contacts Manager http://resco.net/pocketpc/contactmanager/default.asp
Don't forget to hit the

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Suz416 is a n00b

Lyle, I started reading that massive thread about SMS chat, and it seemed like there were a lot of bugs - have those been worked out, that you know of? I really love the look of this but I think there were issues with the soft keyboard if I remember correctly....... your thoughts?
Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz416 View Post
Lyle, I started reading that massive thread about SMS chat, and it seemed like there were a lot of bugs - have those been worked out, that you know of? I really love the look of this but I think there were issues with the soft keyboard if I remember correctly....... your thoughts?
I don't remember running into any bugs when I used it. I read through the thread a while ago, so those may have been in previous versions. Give it a go and see what happens!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:25 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Did you look into SMS Tweaker? Haven't personally used it. If you try it out, let me know what you thought.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=387884
Old 11-22-2008, 11:33 PM

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Oh, with the stock SMS you can increase/decrease font size while in SMS by rolling finger around touch scroll wheel. Like the way you zoom in and out in Opera. It works in email too!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Geek'n it Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Did you look into SMS Tweaker? Haven't personally used it. If you try it out, let me know what you thought.

I'm using it for the background images!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Suz416 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post

It looks like it doesn't offer more than what's already built in for the most part.. Wow I love SMS chat but there are a few things I can't do - I can't find the thread on it either - I typed "sms chat" into the search tab and NOTHING.........I apparently don't know how to search effectively on this board.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Geek'n it Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz416 View Post
It looks like it doesn't offer more than what's already built in for the most part.. Wow I love SMS chat but there are a few things I can't do - I can't find the thread on it either - I typed "sms chat" into the search tab and NOTHING.........I apparently don't know how to search effectively on this board.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17671

LOL give it some time, you'll get used to it. the words have to be more than 3 letters long, which sucks when it comes to stuff like that or gps

I read your post, i'm not sure i know what pop up you're trying to get rid of. its been a while since i used that program.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:23 AM

Can you give more info. What about the Palm Chat did you like more compared to the WinMO? Keep in mind the Palm had a physical keyboard so it could use the whole screen for the thread, while the Diamond's virtual keyboard has to take up some space on screen. Especially if you are using some non-stock keyboard that are normally bigger. Easier to type, but takes up a lot of screen real estate. If that is the case the only other thing I can think of is using the Transcriber input method.

If you find something else that works for you, let us know.

***EDIT***
Sorry I meant to add, also if you are worried about the screen size when just reading you could close the virtual keyboard by pressing the icon on the bottom middle of your screen. Read what you need to read, then open the keyboard up again and finish typing. Having a full touchscreen device does have it pros and cons.

Last edited by MrHawaii; 11-23-2008 at 12:25 AM. Reason: more info

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond