PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Suz416 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I want a better threaded SMS experience.

Thank you both for responding! Basically Sms-chat does exactly what I want, but I want to map the SMS button to it, I want to be able to search by contact and I want a choice of how to be notified.....
Old 11-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz416 View Post
Thank you both for responding! Basically Sms-chat does exactly what I want, but I want to map the SMS button to it, I want to be able to search by contact and I want a choice of how to be notified.....
see my post in the sms-chat thread, you can choose from a list. there are a few programs out there for re-assigning keys. Have you tried start/settings/personal/buttons and changing it there? and as far as the notifications, can't you disable them and use the notifications from the phone itself?
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-23-2008, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Suz416 is a n00b

When you disable notifications, you don't get a count in TF3d, but you do get audible.....it just takes out the pop up and the count.....
Old 11-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
When you disable notifications, you don't get a count in TF3d, but you do get audible.....it just takes out the pop up and the count.....
i see. I'm using a titan, and don't have tf3d. but there may be someone out there who can help ya with that one.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Suz416 is a n00b

Hey Lyle, remember I was telling you I couldn't find contacts to bring into a message? Well it was because there were NO CONTACTS on my phone! I had sync'd and the contact sync failed so there were NONE, no wonder I couldn't find them in the program! I love it now!!! - question: what are the down sides to this program? just hogging memory? Are there any other negatives? I guess I can't attach a picture and the Tf3d button won't take me directly to it but what else?

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Geek'n it Up

I had no problems with it really, just my phone couldn't handle it with everything else i had going on. personnaly i liked it alot. I don't think it does picture messaging, I can't remember and I didn't look into it when i had it installed last night.

is there a customizer out for tf3d that will allow you to change it? Like i said, i'm on a titan, and i tried 2d but it seemed more cosmetic than functional for me. I know there are manilla 2d customizers but I have no clue on 3d customization.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Suz416 is a n00b

I edited my registry, reset, and the thing still wakes up on sms.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Geek'n it Up

Quote:
I edited my registry, reset, and the thing still wakes up on sms.
go back into the registry and check the setting, it may not have stuck. when i change something, i give it a minute or two then reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond