PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ce tiger is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is Anyone Actually Keeping Their Diamond

all I see are comments about exchanging the diamond for the pro due to the heat issues. is anyone actually keeping their diamond?? with the new roms and radio i cant imagine trading this in
Old 10-24-2008, 10:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

thasolution is a n00b
Re: Is Anyone Actually Keeping Their Diamond

Honestly, I was really thinking about trading my Diamond in for the Pro. But then I'm getting used to the size factor of the phone. Kind of miss the keyboard of the mogul cause thats what I traded in to get the Diamond. The heating issue is irritating and the battery life isn't as great as it should be. I only have an issue with the battery if I'm tethering. Does anyone know where I can get a y-usb cable so that I can keep the phone charged while tethering? Overall I'm definitely thinking about keeping the Diamond.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hoopsdavis is keeping up the good workhoopsdavis is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to hoopsdavis Send a message via MSN to hoopsdavis Send a message via Yahoo to hoopsdavis

I plan to keep my Diamond, I don't see a real reason to change it just for a slide out keyboard. In my opnion, with more movable parts, there's more of a chance the phone will break.
And 4 gigs of storage is enough for me.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Already returned the phone due to the heating issues, poor battery life, strange slow downs even with the new roms. Overall, decent form factor other than the lack of buttons on the sides (I missed those). Lack of keyboard not so bad.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I will be selling the diamond and buying the pro.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Im keeping mine and will be getting the pro when i can afford to lol.

who releases a $500+ toy this close before xmas :P

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasolution View Post
Honestly, I was really thinking about trading my Diamond in for the Pro. But then I'm getting used to the size factor of the phone. Kind of miss the keyboard of the mogul cause thats what I traded in to get the Diamond. The heating issue is irritating and the battery life isn't as great as it should be. I only have an issue with the battery if I'm tethering. Does anyone know where I can get a y-usb cable so that I can keep the phone charged while tethering? Overall I'm definitely thinking about keeping the Diamond.

Huh wait, huh? charging while tethering? isn't your phone connected to the pc via usb cable, that's already charging it?

-CC
Old 10-24-2008, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
Im keeping mine and will be getting the pro when i can afford to lol.

who releases a $500+ toy this close before xmas :P

Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft... to name a few.. (more of less expensive toys released for xmas time)

-CC
Old 10-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I am keeping mine. I used to have a Titan but when I switched to the Vogue I became very good at typing with the SIP, so I do not care about a slide-out keyboard. I also carry an iPod with me, so I am not worried about music, which means the internal 4 GB is plenty of space for me (even with TomTom7 maps).

I am going to order a Pro for a co-worker whose Q9c is giving him problems, and will take a close look at that when it comes. I plan to beat the hell out of the radio to see if there is an issue with the warmness, before I send it out to the field for use. But even if it is better, I still plan on keeping my Diamond as I prefer the size and am very happy overall with what it has and does.

And maybe I am a little sick of trying to keep up with the Jones... those bastards...
Old 10-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft... to name a few.. (more of less expensive toys released for xmas time)

-CC
lol yes that you buy for some one els....

my boss gives me a fat *** bonus so im getting a ps3 and a pro with it and hittin Montreal for new years with the rest

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond