PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Is Anyone Actually Keeping Their Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41327)

ce tiger 10-24-2008 09:44 AM

Is Anyone Actually Keeping Their Diamond

all I see are comments about exchanging the diamond for the pro due to the heat issues. is anyone actually keeping their diamond?? with the new roms and radio i cant imagine trading this in

thasolution 10-24-2008 10:00 AM

Re: Is Anyone Actually Keeping Their Diamond

Honestly, I was really thinking about trading my Diamond in for the Pro. But then I'm getting used to the size factor of the phone. Kind of miss the keyboard of the mogul cause thats what I traded in to get the Diamond. The heating issue is irritating and the battery life isn't as great as it should be. I only have an issue with the battery if I'm tethering. Does anyone know where I can get a y-usb cable so that I can keep the phone charged while tethering? Overall I'm definitely thinking about keeping the Diamond.

hoopsdavis 10-24-2008 10:04 AM

I plan to keep my Diamond, I don't see a real reason to change it just for a slide out keyboard. In my opnion, with more movable parts, there's more of a chance the phone will break.
And 4 gigs of storage is enough for me.

nmhusa 10-24-2008 10:22 AM

Already returned the phone due to the heating issues, poor battery life, strange slow downs even with the new roms. Overall, decent form factor other than the lack of buttons on the sides (I missed those). Lack of keyboard not so bad.

jason25 10-24-2008 10:30 AM

I will be selling the diamond and buying the pro.

Mr. X 10-24-2008 10:30 AM

Im keeping mine and will be getting the pro when i can afford to lol.

who releases a $500+ toy this close before xmas :P

clockcycle 10-24-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thasolution (Post 471925)
Honestly, I was really thinking about trading my Diamond in for the Pro. But then I'm getting used to the size factor of the phone. Kind of miss the keyboard of the mogul cause thats what I traded in to get the Diamond. The heating issue is irritating and the battery life isn't as great as it should be. I only have an issue with the battery if I'm tethering. Does anyone know where I can get a y-usb cable so that I can keep the phone charged while tethering? Overall I'm definitely thinking about keeping the Diamond.

Huh wait, huh? charging while tethering? isn't your phone connected to the pc via usb cable, that's already charging it?

-CC

clockcycle 10-24-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 471962)
Im keeping mine and will be getting the pro when i can afford to lol.

who releases a $500+ toy this close before xmas :P

Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft... to name a few.. (more of less expensive toys released for xmas time)

-CC

rainfreak 10-24-2008 11:19 AM

I am keeping mine. I used to have a Titan but when I switched to the Vogue I became very good at typing with the SIP, so I do not care about a slide-out keyboard. I also carry an iPod with me, so I am not worried about music, which means the internal 4 GB is plenty of space for me (even with TomTom7 maps).

I am going to order a Pro for a co-worker whose Q9c is giving him problems, and will take a close look at that when it comes. I plan to beat the hell out of the radio to see if there is an issue with the warmness, before I send it out to the field for use. But even if it is better, I still plan on keeping my Diamond as I prefer the size and am very happy overall with what it has and does.

And maybe I am a little sick of trying to keep up with the Jones... those bastards...

Mr. X 10-24-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockcycle (Post 472006)
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft... to name a few.. (more of less expensive toys released for xmas time)

-CC

lol yes that you buy for some one els....

my boss gives me a fat *** bonus so im getting a ps3 and a pro with it :) and hittin Montreal for new years with the rest