PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Is Anyone Actually Keeping Their Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41327)

opuscroakus 10-24-2008 11:45 AM

Re: Is Anyone Actually Keeping Their Diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockcycle (Post 472004)
Huh wait, huh? charging while tethering? isn't your phone connected to the pc via usb cable, that's already charging it?
-CC

Yes, it is charging it but the draw on the battery from tethering is greater than the charge rate from the USB port on the PC. Your battery will die while tethering.

ocbizlaw 10-24-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockcycle (Post 472004)
Huh wait, huh? charging while tethering? isn't your phone connected to the pc via usb cable, that's already charging it?

-CC

It discharges while tethering because charger can't keep up.

ocbizlaw 10-24-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ce tiger (Post 471909)
all I see are comments about exchanging the diamond for the pro due to the heat issues. is anyone actually keeping their diamond?? with the new roms and radio i cant imagine trading this in

I must have missed something, What new radio?

I love my Diamond and am keeping it.

adrian2pm 10-24-2008 12:48 PM

i bought mine through telesales can i go to a store and exchange it fro a pro?

O'Neil Mitchell 10-24-2008 12:50 PM

Keeping mine, at-least until HTC releases the next big thing. If it's the HD, great. And combined with Juicy ROMs, I'm fine with my Diamond for now

athlet1c 10-24-2008 12:53 PM

Returning mine and ordering the Touch Pro. I came off the mogul with tis. Even after flashing Roms to VZ im still getting a rapid battery draw.

Also Adrain you will have to goto Telesales to return the item. go order your retrun kit ASAP as it takes 3-5 buisness days just for you to recieve the kit

adrian2pm 10-24-2008 12:55 PM

but the phone isnt out yet. what am i gonna ask for an exchange

heberman 10-24-2008 12:59 PM

Keeping mine

I'm keeping mine, for sure. I had battery issues - Juicy's ROM fixed that. I had issues with no hard keyboard. Touchpal (after a few days practice) fixed that. I type about the same speed or faster now using Touchpal than I did on my Treos.

For me, there is no reason to switch to the Pro, which is bigger and heavier.

I love the Diamond and am staying with it, until the Next Big Thing comes out on Sprint in a year or two.

SprintTouch08 10-24-2008 01:02 PM

i think anyone returning the diamond for the pro because of battery issues is just kidding themselves at this point. The pro will be no better on battery with nearly identical hardware and identical battery. It is actually rated at less talktime than the Diamond according to HTC's specs.

If the VZW radio hasnt improved your Diamond's battery to your liking, then dont think a Pro will magically give you more either. It just may be how the 2 devices are on batteries due to the processors and memory combinations.

Also the heat shield- heat control is much better with the VZW radio, but dont instantly assume the Pro wont have this problem as well. No one predicted the Diamond would so its too early to say if the Pro will as well, not that the HTC employee in here doesnt know if its there, but it may not make all that much difference honestly.

Someone in here took apart their Diamond (sorry cant remember the user right now but ill find the post) and there is already a gel heatsink in there, so you really think a flimsy piece of steel will change the heat coming from the processor and internals THAT much? He also essentially provided evidence that nothing would change the amount of heat being given off by the boards

Once again i think people are trying to fool themselves the pro will be that much better than the diamond and fix their problems when its the same exact phone with a keyboard slapped on. I cant wait for the flood of whiners in the Raph forum the week of launch complaining about the battery life and it gets warm and how HTC and Sprint both suck and make defective phones and are the devil

adrian2pm 10-24-2008 01:05 PM

i just want the latest and the greatest.